Jambands.ca

aNoTHeR spINcyLCe

phishin4mango

Well, passed-out guy and his partner braved the snow storm last night and drove up to the Kawarthas for a long overdue visit (thanks phriends). We had great intentions of making the trip (75kms) to Cosmic Charlies for our first Spincycle experience. However, by the time we finished puffin' and got ready to go the snow was dumpin'. "Should we do it folks", I said as Passed-out guy put his SANDALS on! Umm, do you have any boots dude?

OK, into the Volvo we pile ourselves, all snowy and "cloudy" shall I say:)

Off we go into the night, the road covered in so much snow we can't see where the ashphalt ends and the shoulder begins. Already, I feel my shoulders and neck tense up...my knuckles turning white as a grip the steering wheel a little tighter.

Ummm, hey guys....how badly do you want to make this show?

We pulled back into our driveway and went inside. The fireplace is raging warm, the beers are cold and free (thanks freddy), and there's home baked goods all over the kitchen. We pop the Phish dvd in and spark a fatty, then another:) Guess, we weren't meant to boogie last night. I'll try again on Thursday if the weather behaves...Nero's worth a drive to North Bay!

Oy! I had a good time at the Cosmic Charlies gig as well. Hey phishin4mango, too bad we didn't get to meet in person eh. SpinCycle is sounding really good, taking into consideration it was their 3rd or 4th show. My fav's were Let Down and the next 2 songs that followed it. I left before it ended but heard that they played Waves and 1 other BNB tune. Cosmic Charlie's is a tiny venue (similar set up to Rancho Relaxo I've heard) with nice decor and really good pad thai. The place was full, no dancin' goin on though. We had a late night with the dudes, drinkin playing tunes and trying to get my Nintendo to work. Good times!

hey kevo,

yeah, too bad we didn't meet up....we were sitting at the front, and yes, enjoyed some very yummy pad thai~ they did play waves, down with the sound and gettin wet towards the end of the evening. i have a hard time listening to burt stuff, cause....well, i would just rather hear the new stuff that they have been working on! anyway, hopefully we can hook up next time kevo!!! [Wink]

If you saw any of those flyers for the "first ever SpinCycle afterparty"... I made 'em! [smile] I was at a table right by the bar sorta. I agree, it was good to hear a whole wack of new tunes.

Bouche, there was a taper! I'm not sure who he was though.