Jambands.ca

Question of the Day 11-21-02 SMILE!!!

Ms.Huxtable

Someone I care about, a fellow Sanctuarian is having a particularily no good very bad day. Let's see what kind of things you can post that can get her to smile. No friend of mine is going to spend today in tears. So lets have it pholks. Pictures, stories, jokes...you name it.

-

Okay, okay...obviously I suck that's why I'm asking!!! [big Grin]

I'm gonna play Thanatos' advocative here, and suggest that maybe your friend has a damn good reason to be sad. There are things that happen to us that quite rightly cause grief, sadness, and depression. Yes, having friends around you who want to make you feel better can be a good thing, but requiring happiness can be a bad thing. There was a report released recently that studied cancer patients to see if a hopeful outlook and happiness made for a higher survival rate. It didn't. Worse, there was a problem with patients who felt pressure to be happy ('cause their friends and doctors thought it would help them), and ended up worse off because they didn't feel happy.

In analogy, I find that when I'm feeling angry, angst-ridden, etc., it's best to listen to music that matches my mood, rather than music that's "happy", because that music just reinforces how bad I'm feeling ("Hey, I'm pissed off, but the singer isn't, so he's got something I don't! Damn, that pisses me off..."). Angry music (e.g., Fishbone, Living Colour) allows me to express those feelings.

Yes, you have to walk a line between expressing feelings and wallowing in them, but when I feel like crying, give me a shoulder, not a sit-com.

Aloha,

Brad

All true stories. I hope they make you laugh:

I used to work on Electric Circus for 4 years. I used connections to get the job.

I have to go to the Tori Amos concert tomorrow.

A drunken Luba Goy, star from CBC's Air Farce, hit on me at a Gemini Awards dinner.

At a party, I told Mike Bullard that his show is good.

I didn't have a girfriend until I reached the tender age of 32.

This maybe connected: I have difficulty urinating in urinals. I AM A STALLMAN.

I have lots more, but I hope you get a smile from them. I know Davey Boy has lots of good stories too. So does Booche and Indika. They may even have a few more about me.

Little Girl

A man and woman were driving down the road arguing about his deplorable unfaithfulness when suddenly the woman reaches over and slices the man's penis off. Angrily, she tosses it out the car window.

Driving behind the couple is a man and his 9-year-old daughter. The little girl is just chatting away at her father when all of a sudden the penis hits the pickup on the windshield, sticks for a moment...and then flies off.

Surprised, the daughter asks her father, "Daddy, what the heck was that?" Not wanting to expose his little girl to anything sexual at such a young age, the father replies, "It was only a bug, honey."

The daughter sits with a confused look on her face, and after a few minutes she says... "Sure had a big dick, didn't it?

Guest Low Roller

Although I never worked on Electric Circus, once I was ON Electric Circus.

Mitsou was the guest star!

Some of her immortal lyrics:

"Bye bye mon cowboy,

Bye bye mon gigolo,

C'est dur de tomber si bas,

Quand t'as étais si haut!"

This is some funny stuff to make anyone laugh (especially if they understand French!)

link with no funny caption

Guest Low Roller

To avoid vilifying my reputation, I'd like to stress that I was forced onto the show by the guys I was with. We got in because one of the guys knew the bouncer. I was dressed in street clothes (not the shiny gender-bending clothes that are standard). The camera avoided me at all times.

Wait we're off topic. Make with the laughs people!