Jambands.ca

SHE STOLE MY BEER...

weezy

...IS BACK! They just announced a show Jan. 25th at the Commodore in Vancouver! I've seen them many times over the years, but never at such a large, posh venue. Anyone else in Vancouver excited about this ?

*crickets chirping*

damn. I should make a few other western usernames and have pretend conversations with them. yes, that's the sane thing to do. [Frown][Wink]

She Stole My Beer used to come out and play in Ontario a couple of times a year back in the early nineties - I remember they were a lot of fun.

A question for you west-coasters: What ever happened to People Playing Music? They were a great band - are they still around, or have they broken up?

Brian.

quote:

Originally posted by hamilton:

She Stole My Beer used to come out and play in Ontario a couple of times a year back in the early nineties - I remember they were a lot of fun.

A question for you west-coasters: What ever happened to People Playing Music? They were a great band - are they still around, or have they broken up?

Brian.

Oh, Brian, the stoooopid nights we had with People Playing Music when they hung out in Ontario for a spell!! Good band, I still listen to one of their CDs from time to time.

Hopefully, they'll head East!

We saw them at AJ's in Kingston way back when. When? I have no idea........Mike put a sticker of theirs on his guitar when he was messed after the gig. The Wackamole tried his darndest to talk him out of it. Wack bought a cd, thats all I remember, aside from really digging them.

The last thing I remember about SSMB is them making the album "Mule" - then getting fucked by the record company, so they broke-up to get out of the recording contract. (some kind of loophole, I guess...) Then I saw "Sweaty Cheddar" for NYE 1999-2000 in Whistler - an offshoot of the Beer (w/ the 4 foot tall guitarist dude) Then in 2001 (I think) they did a couple shows in Vancouver - but that was it. I've heard they've been living in Whistler like hermits - apparantly, one of them is very reclusive. freaks. I can't wait to see them again! [big Grin]

SSMB' great memories. Had the opportunity to see them twice.

SSMB, People Palying Music and Rumplsteelskin @ the Commodore 1993

SSMB @ Brass Taps- University of Guelph probably 1994

Still have a shirt- Liquid ranch Tour

Sparks off the Guardrail, still a classic driving tape. Hope they make it to Ontario