Jambands.ca

Question of the Day 11-27-02

Ms.Huxtable

First:

Bad Company & Damn Yankess

London Gardens - London, ON

8/17/91

Comments:

I think I used this show as my answer to a QotD a while back. Something like - 'What was the worst show you saw?' Actually Ted was quite entertaining. I was close to the stage during BC's set and it was so loud all I heard was high pitched squeeks! Ouch!~

>>>>>>>>>>

Favourite:

Pink Floyd

Pontiac Silverdome - Pontiac, MI

7/14/94

Comments:

[Eek!][Eek!]

>>>>>>>>>>

Pissed I Missed:

PH BC NYE 99>00

Comments:

The stories from friends of how much of a good time it was are STILL pouring in these days. At the time though, I just didn't think I could handle an 8 hour set. I was afraid I would return home permanently altered. Hmph! [Roll Eyes]

1st Show: Depeche Mode in Toronto sometime in the late eighties (too young and impressionable to remember the details!)

Best Show: Holly Cole Trio '98 at Massey Hall. Small, intimate concert with bang-on great tunes and a great crowd to boot.

Pissed I missed: That Dr. Hux concert that Bill keeps telling me was "The most amazing one ever! Never to be repeated!" and that Ani DiFranco concert that just passed.

First show :

When I was young and stupid: either Loverboy with Bryan Adams in 1986 and/or April Wine with Steetheart in1987. I don't know which show I saw first, but I was in grade 7 or 8. They both played the " historic " Memorial Centre in Kingston.

Best show :

Pete Townshend at Massey Hall - 1992. It was the first concert of the Psychoderelict Tour ( a disappointing failure of an album, but the best concert I may ever see ).

Runners Up :

Allman Brothers at the New York State Fair, 1991/92. This tour was in support of the Seven Turns album - Warren Haynes and Allen Woody played their heads off. Booche and the rest of us missed the opening act, a then mostly unknown Blues Traveller.

Buddy Guy, last fall at the Bravo! studios in Toronto. Bravo! televised this concert months later, but it was edited down. He played for an hour and a half and he totally electrified the audience. His latest album Sweet Tea was the focus of this concert, and that's a great thing. the album's the best thing he's ever done - I told him so myself when I met him.

Alligator Records 20th Anniversary Tour at the Phoenix, 1992. I had my elbows on the stage, front and centre for this great blues celebration. The line-up included: Elvin Bishop, Koko Taylor, L'il Ed and the Blues Imperials, Katie Webster, Lonnie Brooks and many more. I got to sing into Koko Taylor's mic during her classic " Wang Dang Doodle "!