Jambands.ca

Nero Article- McGill Tribune

smalrus

Thanks for a great article. It's great to see Nero getting some press (which they haven't seemed to be able to do in their home town [Mad] ).

My only minor nit was the quote:

quote:

Attributed to Brad:

The fans trust them not to be ripped off and...

If I phrased it that way, I goofed, bigtime. With taping, the band trusts the fans not to rip the band off (which the fans could do, by selling copies of the shows). That trust in the fans is repaid by the fans, who then go on to help distribute the band's music.

Thanks again for a great article, and for coming out to the show.

Aloha,

Brad

That was a nice read...you certainly captured some of the aspects that make nero "the shit!!!!"....

However, to be one of those diehard fans you speak of, "Darius" was actually debued in Sudbury (I know cause I was there) and it's second appearence came in Tdot at the cozo's (there too)...Le swimming was the third installment of "Darius".....

May the blessings be,

Giggles "Gawpo" [big Grin][big Grin][big Grin]

sorry brad, its possible i misquoted you, i tried to jot it down quickly without having my taperecorder on me. my apologies.

secondly, my apologies also on the "darius" review. obviously being my first show, i wouldnt have known better, but i know what its like to be a diehard and know that a debut isnt really a debut [Wink]

smalrus

No problem if it was a misquote, as the whole two-way band<->fan "trust" relationship came across in the end, and I speak pretty quickly, more in conversation mode than quote-op mode. (And it may not have been a misquote; it was late, and I was, uh, "tired"...yeah, that's what I was...)

As to the Darius pseudo-debut thing, it was easy to get mixed up, because they said they had written it on the bus, which would give the impression that it was a just-written-that-day tune. Calling it a "debut" may not be 100% correct, but it shows off how the band is continually coming up with new material and trying out on the fly.

Aloha,

Brad