Jambands.ca

Anyone know how to get dirty?

Kitari

Okay, actually I'm looking to NOT get dirty but it doesn't make for a very intriguing subject line, now does it?!

I need some drop cloths and rags and crap to help me paint my new apartment walls without screwing up the floors and baseboards. Anyone have some spare plastic tarps I could borrow?

How about painting experience? So far I have Ms. Hux and my girl Krista (who some of you have met at the Elbow Room gigs) helping me, though I think we'll be doing more drinking and painting each other than finishing the walls.

If anyone wants to get in on the painting party and see my new digs, let me know! I'll try to bring enough beer and wine for all! [big Grin]

I believe that you can get Christina Aguilera's new album "Dirrrty" at just about any of your local record/CD stores. Check spelling, though - there may be only two "r"s, but definitely more than just one. [Roll Eyes][smile]

(Video of the year, hands down!!! [big Grin][big Grin][big Grin] )

Brian

(feeling mischievious at 6:30am local time)

Guest Low Roller

quote:

Originally posted by Kitari:

How about painting experience? So far I have Ms. Hux and my girl Krista helping me, though I think we'll be doing more drinking and painting each other than finishing the walls.

Sounds like a perfectly wholesome activity involving three women.

WSTS...

When and where is this all scheduled to happen? I (standing 6' 2") might be available, but I'd expect there to be at least a ghetto blaster with somer serious tuneage, and to get supplied with those nifty little painters' caps. [smile] Refreshing beverages and paint-free pizza, of course, go without saying...wait, maybe I shouldn't have said that...

As to coverings, have you tried your local Salvation Army and/or Goodwill? Some old sheets might do the trick.

When buying tape, I think there a special painter's tape which is different from what most people think of as masking tape. I buy the regular stuff at Wal-Mart*, which I think stocks both.

Aloha,

Brad

* I'm a taper, which doesn't indicate the recording medium I use, just that I spend a lot of time applying masking tape to cables in an effort to keep my rig from falling over...

Well I just moved into my new place and stayed up 'till 4:30 in the morning painting my kitchen and stayed at home from work today to paint the livingroom. I can hardly feel my hands. I guess I should have asked for help. If I never see a paint roller/brush again it will be too soon.

Low tack tape and newspaper were all I needed. Zellers and Canadian Tire sell the tape for about $4 a roll. (I used two).

Well Brad (and anyone else who may be interested) I'm thinking of starting the weekend of December 27th. Want to move the following week and have all the messy stuff wrapped up by then. I know the holidays are a busy time for all so I'll be happy for any help I can wrangle up.

I should mention that it's out in Greely (South, South Bank)! Rides, food and some booze (as much as the budget alllows) will be provided to all eager volunteers!