Jambands.ca

RIP Maurice Gibb

Rob Not Bob

I know they aren't everyone's cup of tea, but the Bee Gees were IMHO amazing singers, songwriters and arrangers who made a lot of amazing music throughout the span of their career. I am reminded of a scene in Gilmore Girls, where Lane is asking Rory to pick up some music for her at a record store near Rory's school, all picked out of a well thumbed copy of the Mojo Collection. Lane gets to Odessa by the Bee Gees and Rory raises an eyebrow and says "The Bee Gees?" and Lane responds by holding up the book and saying, "Mojo says!", to which Rory shrugs and replies, "So it must be true." I am so glad I am at an age where I don't have to worry about looking cool and can just enjoy the Bee Gees music for what it is without any of the baggage that comes with it.

Vaya Con Dios, Maurice

quote:

Originally posted by rainmakerrtv:

I am reminded of a scene in Gilmore Girls... I am so glad I am at an age where I don't have to worry about looking cool and can just enjoy the Bee Gees music for what it is without any of the baggage that comes with it.

I'd be more worried about telling people that I watch "Gilmore Girls" than about telling people that I listen to the Bee Gees, if I were you!! [smile][Razz]

Brian.

quote:

Originally posted by hamilton:

quote:

Originally posted by rainmakerrtv:

I am reminded of a scene in Gilmore Girls... I am so glad I am at an age where I don't have to worry about looking cool and can just enjoy the Bee Gees music for what it is without any of the baggage that comes with it.

I'd be more worried about telling people that I watch "Gilmore Girls" than about telling people that I listen to the Bee Gees, if I were you!! [smile][Razz]

Brian.

Then maybe you should try watching the show , because not only is it the best scripted show on TV, it is one of the very few TV shows ever that knows anything about music. If there has ever been another show that has referenced The Shaggs, John Coltrane and Slint, I'd be interested to hear about it.

Rob Not Bob

i also enjoy that show [big Grin] here here - they are always pulling bands out of the hat like when they were blasting xtc - they do the same with books sometimes too. i think the show is starting to decline though - i hope it doesnt spiral into an alley mcbeal terrible.

Archived