Jambands.ca

Today in music history........

Esau

As for the Dead.

Date Venue

12-16-68 The Matrix, San Francisco, Ca.

12-16-78 Nashville Municipal Auditorium, Nashville, Tn.

12-16-86 Oakland Coliseum Arena, Oakland, Ca.

12-16-92 Oakland Coliseum Arena, Oakland, Ca.

12-16-94 Los Angeles Sports Arena, Los Angeles, Ca.

........In 1893, Anton Dvorak attended the first performance of his "New World Symphony." The event was held at Carnegie Hall in New York City...........

1946 - Benny Andersson of Abba is born in Stockholm, Sweden.

1949 - Guitarist Billy Gibbons of ZZ Top is born in Houston, Tx.

1964 - No. 1 Billboard Pop Hit: ""Come See About Me,"" The Supremes. The song is the third consecutive No. 1 single from the album ""Where Did Our Love Go,"" making the group the first to accomplish that feat.

1974 - Mott the Hoople breaks up.

1986 - No. 1 Billboard Pop Hit: ""Walk Like an Egyptian,"" Bangles.

1987 - No. 1 Billboard Pop Hit: ""Faith,"" George Michael. Billboard ranks the song as the No. 1 single of 1987.

1993 - MTV airs Nirvana's Sony Studios, New York ""Unplugged"" performance.

1997 - Singer Bobby Brown settles out of court with Althea Durant who claims that she paid the performer $30,000 for a show in Trinidad that he never played.

1999 - Former Sex Pistols manager Malcolm McLaren announces plans to join the race for London's first ever elected mayor. The 53-year-old impresario plans to run as an independent with some ideas to make the Pistols proud: brothels outside the houses of Parliament; legalizing marijuana; allowing London pubs to stay open all night, instead of closing at 11 p.m.; legalizing the consumption of alcohol in public libraries. McLaren pulls out of the race three months later.

2000 - After his 36th guest appearance on the show, country star Brad Paisley is formally invited to become a member of the Grand Ole Opry.

2000 - Concertgoers at the Shrine Auditorium get more than they bargain for during the KIIS-FM Jingle Ball. Cedric ""K-Ci"" Hailey, part of the popular R&B duo K-Ci & JoJo, partially undresses onstage during the first set of the evening and exposes his genitals to the mostly young, female audience.

2001 - Guitarist/singer/songwriter Stuart Adamson, formerly of Scottish act Big Country, is found dead in a Hawaii hotel room. He is 43. Adamson, who fought a long battle with alcoholism, had been missing from his Nashville home since November 7, 2001.

Givin' ya the skinny

Fats Mcgoo [Razz]

Let's say he didn't pull that out of his memory -- would this mean you'll never drink flamin sambuka's and jager?

I'm just trying to figure out, for your benefit and mine, the causal link between Esau13's memory (and the recollection of Dead / musical events and their precise correllation to specific dates) and your predisposition to the consumption of mind/spririt-altering beverages.

Just part of the value-added service offering here at BradCorp.

Aloha,

Brad

Esau's "deadhead on ice" performance after getting cut off at the bar last week had me belly laughin for an hour... pure devine intervention that him and a half dozen of us didn't end up flyin to the floor...

all he had on me at that point was jager and flamin sambu's...

so memory enhancin or not, I'm gonna give it a run [Razz]

It's certinally not the booze that helps my memory(as displayed in Montreal @ The Slip),just lots of reading,short reminders here and there and the need to know as much as possible about the dead that drives me.

The jagers and sambuca's don't help with anything(as displayed by my absence at work fri)

Getting cut off at the bar I work at is a new one for me,but it is the only time this will happen,not gonna get that smashed agian(maybe)

Thanks for your support

T.K.

Retail Manager

Heinz Ketchup