Jambands.ca

Phish on SNL

gentlemonkey

The Chuck Norris reference, or anything else Phish-related on SNL is the only stuff worth commenting on. Once again, the show wasn't funny and/or satirically funny. I did think that Phish kicked. It was their best television performance so far. Hopefully they'll one-up SNL's gig when they do Letterman on Friday.

I taped the show and when I went to replay it ended up in the peanuts cartoon and thought 'goddam, I somehow taped a peanuts xmas special instead' but it seemed strange then Shroeder and Pig Pen turned into Phish at which point I fell out of my seat and had a good laugh [smile]

they got me there

The cartoon was the best thing about the show, "We possess an awesome power..." [smile][smile] so funny. I personally thought the performance lacked. I chalked it up to the "five minute no more" aspect of playing on a show like SNL, but chalkdust was pretty weak for a staple (a few years back when they played it on Letterman can be used as a reference). Trey was loud (suprise) couldn't hear Page's harmonies (Mike was definitely the prominent harmony and no offence to him but Page's voice is better in my opinion). On the topic of singing I hope Mike and Trey do some practice before new year (they were just a bit off vocally [smile] ). Anyway, I'm just placing my favourite group under the microscope because it's been a while. Over all it was great to see them together again and I'm sure that when they are not constrained by TV they will GO OFF! (special note to Fishman: No more meatlover pizzas wrapped around a stick of rich creamery butter [smile] )

Hey all!

I'm on a *completely* different TV schedule over here, and Saturday Night Live is not broadcast "Live" here - if it was, it would be on at 1:30 Sunday afternoon! This past Saturday night, the SNL episode was hosted by Robert DeNiro. Does anyone know if this was the episode preceding the Phish appearance? I'm assuming that it's always one week off, which means that I can see Phish this coming Saturday, but we all know what happens when you "assume"... [Wink]

Brian.

I thought the skits were good,, jareds room or whatever was real good with the chuck norris ref's. i never thought of that before but he sort of does look like him

i think chalkdust was a bit slower then usuall? anyone else?

played nice and tight but it sounded slower