Jambands.ca

QotD, 2002-12-20

arcane

I have received some pretty great gifts over the years. I guess my Mommy and Daddy really love me. [smile]

Best gift was a trumpet with a soft case with pink velvet lining. It was so shiny and it felt so good not having to go to the instrument shelf when the rest of the kids in class had to. I played it a lot and lost it somewhere a few years later. I regret that.

Another good gift was one I had to share with my three other siblings. It was a Nintendo 64 with Super Mario brothers and Duck Hunt. Good times....

The gift that I still have to this day and the memory of which still makes me smile is my stuffed Wrinkles Dog named "Mugs". They were all individual and no two were alike. I remember sitting up all night one Christmas Eve when I was about 5 or 6 describing the very wrinkle dog that I wanted Santa to bring. "He has a striped shirt and dark brown fur...." I woke up and it was the EXACT one that I had bonded with in the store. I was thrilled. I love my folks.

Nowadays I just get a turkey dinner and hugs, but Christmas means way more to me then it did when I was spoiled with gifts. Just being with my family means everything to me.

mine was the sega master system.

i loved it. it was spectacular. i was soooooooooooooooo happy to have my first real video game system. it helped me through so many times, and it gave me something to do with friends.

that, or my dunlop bass crybaby...a crappy wah pedal overall...squeaks and the batytery doesn't work, but it's a totally expressive pedal for a bass player to have. i love you dad.

This year, I got a wine rack and a book. Unfortunately, the book doesn't fit in the wine rack. I just *know* that next year my family will conspire to get me a book shelf and a bottle of chianti ...

Oh, right, my best gift. My kid's birthday is Dec 25th. You do the math.