Jambands.ca

radio!

SaggyBalls

so it's come to my attention that canada only has 3 Jamband radio shows, all on campus radio stations. I think that some of us should try to get our own shows. it'd really help get more kids out to shows and help people appreciate tunes...because, frankly, most people don't know what Jam is.

i think i'll try to get my own show in london but anyone else that thinks they'd have fun on the radio playing long songs and talking into a microphone should really really really really try to get a show at your local university radio station. they're generally volunteer and you don't HAVE to be a stundent to be on air unless it's an educational radio station. still - ask. everyone here is fun, witty, and intelligent. a natural for the radio. just speak up and don't swear. that's all i can suggest. the radio's a whole lot of fun, especially when you don't have to play certain tunes you don't like.

do it!

cannedbeats/showwhore, it would seem you are unaware of "The Electrolux Hour," i vancouver. I, segaldini, am the former co-host of this show (i just moved to toronto). the original host still kicking out eclectic jamband beats is the great pharbero. we have been on the air for almost two years.

101.9 CITR UBC, 5 PM PST (8PM EST), www.citr.ca.

on jambands i'm known as greasyfizeek if you have any other questions. i'd ideally like to get a show going in toronto, but we'll see. peace and happy holidays.

greasyfizeek