Jambands.ca

Who's in for Uncle Seth/Unclefty/Dr. Hux Sat?

Mr. Musicface

Happy Boxing Day all!

This is gonna be a wicked show:

Reilly's Third Floor, Toronto

340 Yonge St., just north of Dundas across from Sam the Record Man

Saturday December 28 2002

Uncle Seth's 3rd Anniversary Show!

with Unclefty & Geoff and Sharon from Dr.Huxtable

Doors at 9 pm, music at 9:30

cover: PAY-WHAT-YOU-CAN

Hope to see ya there! [big Grin]

Peace,

Mr. M.

Hey all! Great to see so many of y'all out last night - in particular I got to meet up with bradm, bouche, CyberHippie and the Huxes.

Thanks to all who came out, and for those of you who missed out, there will be a reprise of 2/3 of the line-up last night (Uncle Seth & Unclefty) at Clinton's on January 23rd. Uncle Seth are also talking to Dr. Huxtable about an Ottawa appearance, perhaps very soon. We'll keep ya informed, for sure!

Peace,

Mr. M.

Jay, loved the harp stylings! When I played around with my harmonica I was a firm believer that the harp should be heard throughout the whole song, not just a little here and there. I was also thinking that I'd like to try a mic and use a bit of distortion. It's cool to see I'm not the only one who thinks that way!

Hmmm maybe time to pull out the old harp again...

Thanks!

quote:

...I was a firm believer that the harp should be heard throughout the whole song, not just a little here and there.

Yeh... it's something that took a while to work out. I like to think of the harmonica serving a similar role to either a keyboard, horn or second guitar in a lot of the songs. To me, if you're gonna approach it that way you've got to be flexible. I use pretty well all the differently tuned harps that Lee Oscar makes (natural and harmonic minor, melody maker as well as the traditional major) and effects so that I can do different things in each song. Hopefully it all works! [Wink] Glad ya enjoyed it.