Jambands.ca

All-Star Musician Survivor 2

Guest Low Roller

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...and if this were actual all star MUSICIAN survivor, SRV would probably have to be considered near the top.....wait, hendrix, garcia, davis....forget it, johnny cash is the worst musician out of them all, but perhaps the BEST songwriter....shit i'm rambling.

Elvis was the original Beverly Hillbilly, and that's why you hate him.

Elvis was and is the King, pay homage you ignoramusi!

I was considering voting for SRV just to make sure the vote is weighted off of Elvis, but Stevie was too good a man to be played like a pawn.

I vote off Miles.

Why the disrespect for the vocalist's art? There's more to music than just jamming music, folks ... or is the sole criterion of this their jamming skill?

HAH, very well put Rob! Elvis could out-sing any of the guys from either round of this game so far (with the possible exception of Marley at his best) and for that alone he should get his props.

Oh and Bouche - I'll put acoustic section from the '68 special on its own against any great "jam" show you can name, no problem.

- M.

Guest Low Roller

Well we can put the whole Elvis debate to bed for at least one more day, because the King of Bling Bling managed to stay alive for at least one more round. My inclusion of Elvis Presley into the mix has already paid-off since I was hoping that his merits would spark some debate. Who's more valuable? A showman or a musician? I personally don't listen to the guy, but 60 million people can't be wrong.

Day 1 honours will unfortunately go to one hell of a musician, and not a shabby showman either. Ladies and Gentleman, the first cast-off, with 58% of the votes, Mr. Stevie Ray Vaughan.

SRV.jpg

So we're now down to five:

• Jerry Garcia
  • Miles Davis
  • Elvis Presley
  • Miles Davis
  • Johnny Cash

Day 2 starts NOW!!!!!

Elvis, be gone.

After this I haven't the foggiest.

Tough choices LR and I honestly think that were Dylan in this company, that he wouldn't make it past round 2...OK make that round three, he would for sure beat out cash and elvis and SRV....ah nevermind

fat%20elvis.jpg ::

Vaya con dios, Stevie, it was never anything personal ...

This one has been a really stacked deck, I'm a fan of all of these guys (including Stevie). The field is particularly tight at this point. There is no way in hell I am voting Miles or Jimi, and voting Jerry at this point would get me lynched (I've probably pissed off enough people here with my defense of Elvis), so it comes down to Elvis or Johnny Cash ... gritting my teeth but, honour having been satisfied, I have to vote for Elvis. Sorry, King, I bet I have more Elvis music in my collection than anybody here, but Johnny Cash is just more punk rock, which appeals to me more. Again, nothing personal, it's just a hard choice.

RnB