Jambands.ca

CTMF May 24?

Del

I think it's "make-it-or-break-it" time. We're 7 weeks away and we've got nothing. It's time to start making other plans.

I know a place we can party. Has anyone ever been to the White Sands Campground at Sauble Beach? They've got this "no rules" area way in the back that always turns into a party. I'll be we can haul some instruments and some firewood and some booze up there and have an amazing party. Anyone?

[color:"purple"] that's retarded. ctmf all the way [color:"purple"]

i'm in willy, its getting alittle annoying, wait to make plans for may 24, i mean ctmf was never really organised,, with all the wiring of the stags and what not going on friday night when the first bands show be playing,, all the cops and kids, and don't forget the whole place getting shurt down at the old location

i'll still try and be there if its going on, and if i don't make any definate plans while i'm waiting to hear about ctmf

but 7 weeks is starting to cut it close, when in the other years it was postes like in the winter

seeing as i vend at shows and festivals in the summer, or at least untill i open my store, i actually do have every weekend of this summer basically planned from may 15 to september. if someting else came up where i could for sure be vendding then i will be there, i don't have time to sit around and wait for people to announce what they are doing, when they had since last labourday to do so.

and yes bokonon, i do have tommorow planned, and saturday and sunday as well

Where is CTMF this year? IMSMR, there was problems with the old venue late in the year. What are the dates for the various CTMF festivals? Fiona and I are going to take a miss on WicCan Fest this year, so we are contemplating taking in one of the CTMFs this year. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

RnB

What? no fest? are you mad? Is it the camping in the 6 days of constant downpour? I was looking forward to your contribution to bardic. I'm still goin'. And I'm draggin' Dancin' Man with me. ;)

Expense, the travel and the fact that the weather has been lousy 2 years in a row ... plus we have *3* Eastern Ontario fests this year that we are going to, we got more than a little Fested out last year ... sorry, I was hoping to meet you, but trust me, you didn't miss anything from me being in the bardic.

RnB

Willy, optimistically speaking, it aint over........

BUT, can you sign me up for your newsletter?

I got a tent, a body, some music shit, booze, drugs, food (fuck off, you cant have any), Hux, water, Power-Ade, wife, wood, fire, personality, drugs, booze, drugs, laughs, Hux, booze, water, laughs and tiredness.

All I need is 15 people, and some decent weather.

and Hux...............drunk for 3 days.

Oh yeah, and an acoustic guitar.

"Whack fol the daddy-o"

there better be Whiskey in the jar...........

The latest news:

The lineup is close to being finalized for the May 2004 festival - check out who has been booked so far!

Jomomma

Diesel Dog

Tala

Cavern

Caution Jam

The Resinators

New Shady Groove

Mark Wilson & The Way It Is

Steve & Crazy Stickbird

Cosmic Boogie Band

Superstack

Watts

Six Foot Groove

Gorilla Funk Monster

… and more to follow ...

This year, there will be two stages. The main stage will feature bands on Friday night (starting at 8 p.m.), and from mid-afternoon until late at night on Saturday and Sunday. The second stage will operate on Saturday and Sunday during the afternoon and evening.

By no means do I intend to be negative here. However, does anyone notice that this list could have virtually been reprinted from any one of a number of past CTMFs? Sure, there're some bands here that I love to see but it seems to me that we REALLY need an influx of new music around here.

Does anyone else feel this way or is everyone sitting in front of their computers with their right hand on the mouse and their left hand thrust into the air and accompnied by a "Woo-hoo! We get the same lineup again!" cheer?

Expense, the travel and the fact that the weather has been lousy 2 years in a row ... plus we have *3* Eastern Ontario fests this year that we are going to, we got more than a little Fested out last year ... sorry, I was hoping to meet you, but trust me, you didn't miss anything from me being in the bardic.

RnB

I actually did see you in the bardic...you sang a Dave mathews tune IIRC. Anyway, too bad. I agree wiccanfest is very expensive, for that time of year considering loss of wage, tranport, ticket price campfood for a week...it gets up there, but I'm still going!!!! I'm also gonna check out this newer fest up near London-Spirits of the Earth festival-it's around the corner and the line up already sounds awesome...and it's in July.

I was thinking maybe Sauble. We could pay a visit to Hempapotamus or something. It's all in the air though. Izzy's has it's appeal too. I think I'm just going to wait and see what I feel like doing when the time comes.

Let's get our dogs together for some play time some time!