Jambands.ca

Al Di Meola Canadian Dates

AdamH

Saw these on his site. Never seen him before but would like to:

06 / 30 / 2004 - Ottawa, Canada-w/ RITE OF STRINGS

07 / 02 / 2004 - Toronto, Canada-Toronto Jazz Fest - w/ RITE OF STRINGS

07 / 04 / 2004 - Montreal Jazz Fest - RITE OF STRINGS

definately will be there....

for those who dont know, Al is an excellent guitar player, who played in "Di Meola / McLaughlin / De Lucia, the Guitar Trio."

Probably best known for his work with Chick Corea and REturn To Forever, Al is a guitar virtuoso.

He has also played on many popular studio tracks, one being "Mercy Street" by Peter Gabriel and another "Scarborough Fair" by Paul Simon.

Among some of the names in his illustrious career, with whom Al has recorded or played with include the likes of Chick Corea, Luciano Pavarotti, Paco De Lucia, Paul Simon, Phil Collins, Santana, John McLaughlin , Larrv Coryell, Steve Winwood, Wayne Shorter, Herbie Hancock, Gonzalo Rubalcaba, Jaco Pastorius , Les Paul, jean Luc Ponty, Steve Vai, Frank Zappa , Milton Naciemento, Egberto Gismonti, Jimmy Page, Tony Williams, Stanley Clarke, Stevie Wonder, Irakere and many more.

Can ya'll think of anyone else who have played with that callibor of musicians???

Go See Al Di Meola!!!!!!

(if anyone wants to hear anything from this guitar master, i can hook you up. i have some guitar trio stuff, lots of the return to forever stuff, and both of those groups kick major major major ass...)

Steve

This is awesome......I can't wait.....for those that arent familiar with Rite of Strings, I bought their CD about six or seven years ago, its great

the trio consists of Al DiMeola(Guitar), Stanley Clarke(Bass), and Jean Luc Ponty(Violin)

definately a show not too be missed!!!

riteofstrings.jpg