Jambands.ca

Sisters Euclid@The Orbit Room-04/12/04

can-o-phish

Well after watching our team scrape by on the skills of Belfour, it was off to TOR. Never ones to disapoint, the Sisters played selections from years past and broke out a new one, "Big Al" which went over huge with the Monday night crowd. Summed up, the evening was that of an endurance test. The sets were long and juicy and the band was cookin'. It's nice to have the Sisters home for awhile after the recent hiatus.

Hey Can'O, do you know what Breit is up to this summer? (Touring with Norah Jones again?) What I really want to know is how much longer will I have the chance to see him around Toronto before he takes off again. His low profile kills me!

Have you heard the new John & THe Sisters cd? I've given it a few listens and I am enjoying it.. I'm more surprised by the John guys voice than anything, great blues belter.

ya - i was there last night as well, Kevin had a great tone, the bar wasn't too crowded, the band was rockin'

That guy John Dickie came up to sing a few...man, i think he may have been more drunk than me.

I noticed someone recording the show - i'd be interested to ge tit if it was someone on the board.

Was talking to Tim, the half owner of the bar, and he said that Kevin a threatened to never leave ;)

Actually jon, it was I, can'o'phish who you saw recording the show. I've recorded pretty much every show since October. All I can say is there's something in the works...

KevO - Kevin turned Norah down on her upcoming tour. He'll be at TOR steady. I'm liking the low profile thing 'cause it means seeing the Sisters in a not-so-packed-like-sardines-in-a-can environment.

Next week :)

A normal Monday night means there's room for everyone and plenty of elbow room. However, during holidays, reading weeks etc., it gets busier than a one-legged short person in an ass-kicking contest. You can usually score a good spot at 9:30/10:00. The Sisters have been playing there coming up on 8 years and I have a feeling it's soon going to be a zoo. But how can you beat $5.00 at the door???

It certainly is a tiny venue.. Judging by the 2-3 times I've been, I'd agree that it is hard to get a seat. Its worth getting there a half hour early for sure.

Good to hear he'll be around all Summer!! ::

All I can say is there's something in the works...

Next week :)

These cryptic remarks are making me antsy!! I won't be able to make it next Monday but I look forward to hearing about it at least.

Just for interest sake Big Al is a tune dedicated to or inspired by one of the members of NRBQ, the Simpsons house band and perhaps the most influential low friends in high places bands going. I've heard Kevin play that before and tell a story to that effect. God would I love to see NRBQ and Kevin together shit yeah.