Jambands.ca

LAAAAAAAAALIME!

PassedOutGuy

I just want to commend the Ottawa Senators on another Hearty, character building effort in these playoffs!!!! way to go Sens!! I mean, after such a heart breaking loss, they still all had the dedication and character to get on their stationary bikes for a workout!!! that should pay off next year!!! :: On your fucking bike there Alfie!

I felt sorry for Lalime tonight.

He had one bad game and it cost the Sens the series.

Lalime is not the goat. The real goats of this series are the entire Sens team for their lack of offense. They never gave Patrick any goal support.

Where the hell was Havlat, Bondra, Bonk, Alfredsson, Smolinski etc... for the entire series?

I hate the Senators, but they showed me a lot in this series. I hope Melnyk doesn't blow this team up. Keep Martin as coach next year and do a few tweaks. Ottawa will be back and better than ever next year, and will be the team to beat in the East.

I felt sorry for Lalime tonight.

Ottawa will be back and better than ever next year, and will be the team to beat in the East.

I felt pretty bad for him. He's going to have a rough off season. I have a feeling he will get canned.

Next year? You are aware that there are chances next year's NHL season won't exist due to this impending lock out by the players. I hope it doesn't happen but it looks it will.

Imagine a year without hockey... but then again I'm not that big of a jock. It's still fun to watch though.

c23

Next year? You are aware that there are chances next year's NHL season won't exist due to this impending lock out by the players. I hope it doesn't happen but it looks it will.

Imagine a year without hockey...

now that would be AWESOME! I love hockey. Played for 11 years in the minors...but these guys are entertainers...not hockey players. I hope there is no NHL season next year. Give all the whiners something real to bitch about

You can't be too hard on Lalime.

• The first goal was totally legit, 9 out of 10 goalies are gonna have a hard time with that.
  • The second, he's deep in the butterfly and Nieuwendyk goes a bit high on him - well if you're a butterfly goalie, it's a game of percentages and most goals go in on the ice so that's the play you make especially when the shooter is way out like that. That's just a tough break.
  • On the other hand, I think Joe got in his head 'cus the third goal went through the five-hole, and Lalime was standing up for that one. He should have gone back to his training and got into the butterfly, it never would have got by him. But that's the only one of the three I'd call a really soft goal.

Before last night he'd not given up more than 2 goals in a game. What more is your goalie supposed to do? The real problem was that the top offence during the season couldn't score when they had to, period.

Go Leafs Go! Philly's gonna be a good time, let's get 'em back for last year.

Peace,

Mr. M.

No way. A goal going in high from, what was Joe, like 45 feet out? That's a low percentage play. Lalime took the bottom of the net away completely, just like any good Quebec-trained goalie since St. Patrick stole the cup in '86. If it was Belfour, he'd probably have read the play better and made a catch or block, but that's not the kind of goalie Lalime is. Goalies like Belfour let more goals in along the ice, percentage-wise. Eddie's just a really good goalie, so he doesn't let many in, period. But for the kind of goalie Lalime is, he made a decent play on the second goal, he just got screwed by a nice/somewhat-lucky shot.

- M.

He certainly could of had it, I agree he shouldn't have reached across, but the second one through the five-hole should have been a gimme. The first (of Nieuwendyk's) was either a mental lapse, or else he thinking the puck was coming in a different angle which is at least understandable to misjudge at a distance, thus the reach-across with the glove. He didn't come up with the blocker or with his chest (I think) 'cus he was thinking about taking away the lower part of the net with his pads and stick, and got caught when he realized the puck was coming in much higher than he thought. The second though, that was softie in my books 'cus there's no forgiving a five-hole goal from that far out by a butterfly goalie - if he had played it the same as he played the first one, he would have had it no problem. I think Joe spooked him with the first goal.

Anyway whatever, what's done is done and it's on to Philly. Go Leafs Go!

- M.

Thanks for making this Sens fan feel a little better Mr. Musicface. As bad as Lalime was, Ottawa was still in it when they scored within a minute of the second period. They had about a five minute window there where they could have scored again. And then who knows. But it's over and it sucks. And with the threat of a lockout I don't even have the hollow solace of "next year".

One bummed out hockey fan.

r615166629.jpg

Aww jeez. Hearing you Ollie makes me realize that when the playoffs end, we're all the same.

It hurt pretty bad when the Canucks went down the other night too. I'm with you bro. Hockey still rules and hell, at least there's still 3 Canadian teams alive and the promise of a Montreal/Toronto conference final? That'd be pretty awesome.

I still love the Leafers though. Maybe they should just combine the two Ontario teams into the best team ever. Then again, the only Sen we'd want to take on would be Chara...

heh

Hockey still rules and hell, at least there's still 3 Canadian teams alive and the promise of a Montreal/Toronto conference final? That'd be pretty awesome.

Heh, yeh but I don't know if the Habs can pull off two serious upsets like that. TB's gonna be hard to beat, I'm glad the Leafs drew Philly that's for sure! But man, Toronto beating Philly, then Montreal, then Calgary in 7 games would be the dream if you ask me. ::

Cheers Phishy, I'll have a brew in your honour and in honour of the Canucks in the next round.

Peace,

Mr. M.