Jambands.ca

MMW & The Roots to support 311's summer tour...

eDDie mAx

I have seen 311 once and MMW tonnes of times. Loved them both and I think it's going to be an amazing show. It disappoints me to think that people on this board decide to show disapproval of a band without even hearing a note. It's even more disappointing when it's a band like 311.

I have seen 311 once and MMW tonnes of times. Loved them both and I think it's going to be an amazing show. It disappoints me to think that people on this board decide to show disapproval of a band without even hearing a note. It's even more disappointing when it's a band like 311.

I've heard 311 and it's not for me... I can think of a lot of people it's not for. I'm not saying it's bad, I just don't like it. Like you said man... "to each his own."

i saw 'em once(maybe 2 years ago). went to pineknob to see blackalicions and talib kweli at a festival... no one told me blackalicious was playing first, in the parking lot... so i sat in the theatre and saw 311 and jay-z. 311 was the best act i saw that day. heavy, but pretty good. i dont have much else to say, except... id go to a MMW and Roots show for sure!!! 311 should hook up with hilary duff and nickelback... do a tour of zellers stores.

Alright, Alright, Alright, Alright...

How in the hell is Galactic opening for Nickelback???

That's a sure fire sign that we're all going to hell.

Now:

311 is fantastic, IMO. Super heavy, but in a more melodic sense. One of the better 'mainstream' bands out there.

But shain likes everything, doesn't he? ;)

I think 311 is super-tight and quite original too. They probably already have a lot of fans in common with MMW. I'm surprised 311 hasn't jumped on the Bonnaroo scene yet - they'd go over huge. Flakey lyrics though.