Jambands.ca

ok--- I have an Assignment for all you dead heads.

ggrtrhhrtgg

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe I'm to easily pleased (and late on this!), or to durned lazy to come up with my dream-set, but...this sure comes close!

03-22-90 Copps Coliseum, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada (Thu)

1: Stranger, West L. A., Easy To Love You, BIODTL, Roses, Last Time, Picasso Moon, Don't Ease

2: Scarlet> Fire, Samson, Believe It, Truckin> Drumz> Other One> Hey Jude> Mr. Fantasy> Hey Jude Finale> Sugar Magnolia E: Baby Blue

They touched all the bases on this from early on to real new material and all points in between, this show just flowed so damned flawlessly even with Brent's flubbed lyrics in Hey Jude!

This show would happen early 1973, in my perfect world.

I

Eyes Of The World

Jack Straw

Row Jimmy

Black-Throated Wind

Sugaree

China Cat>

I Know You Rider

Cold Rain & Snow

Let it Grow

II

Dark Star >

St Stephen >

Cryptical >

Drumz>

Other One >

St Stephen (reprise) >

Wheel >

Wharf Rat >

Lovelight

E: Playin' In The Band

well... who won?? ::

my clock says its wayyyyy past 4:20... #2, you're not one of those teachers who makes ya wait and wait and wait and wait and wait and wait and... you know... are ya? ::

unless, maybe you're stoned and forgot... in which case, i wish i was right there with ya buddy. ::

Good Evening Ladies and Gentlemen....

I have come to a conclusion on my first Teaching assignment.

First, let me begin with thanking all of you for participating and sharing your dream show with myself and all of those who looked in. I will say, with all honesty, they are all fucking brilliant. Thus, (let me step in here and explain something on the side: I would classify myself as a dead-head, but I would not classify myself in the same school as most of you, thus, there is no way, I could honestly grade these, since in all honesty, I am just an apprentice) I have come to the conclusion, in all "fairness" that you all receive A+++++++++... you all tie. There is no way, I can sit here and classify one's dream show over another, so I have found an alternative.

But before that, I want to give kudos to Booche for coming up with the show for the exact date, WOW! And most original/creative show would be Marco.. but, the biggest KUDOS goes to Darkstar-- for coming up with the idea of playing this.. are u kidding me??? :: (aside--tres cool)

anyhow, I went through all the shows, and found which songs were picked the most, except for one Sing Me Back Home for Booche, one I fought the law for Marco, and Ruben and Cerise for Meggo, and Visions of Johanna for Weezy. and my closer for Zyphr... :: ok, I tried to put them in an order that would fit really well, buildups here and there.. if anyone has a better opinion, please share it and I can change the order.... and thanks again all, I hope everyone enjoys!!!-- and I will be at this show... saving a sick call!!! hehe.

first set

Scarlet Begonias

China Cat>

I know you rider

sing me back home

the wheel

my brother esau

sugar magnolia

sugaree

playin in the band

set two

I fought the law

Dark star>

eyes of the world>

the other one>

Dark Star

reuben and cerise

brown eyed women

shakedown street

not fade away

terrapin station

encore

visions of johanna

bid you goodnight (teaser)

caution jam>

bid you goodnight

WOW!!! Well done Number... especially good call on the Visions encore! This one is going to be a lot of fun. Ideally, we'll perform it in the order that you've laid out (unless someone comes up with a better arangement), but we'll reserve the right to change a song or two around in order to accomodate key changes and the like. We'll have a better idea after we give it a run-through in rehearsal.

That said, now we need a time and a place to unleash this monster on the masses. Anyone have any ideas on a possible where and when???

Hahahaha - hey, looks good. SUre, you know my list was obviously a goof but I *love* the Grateful Dead. If you wanted to, you could replace "I Fought The Law" w/ "Foolish Heart", one of my true favorites.

Anybody who was into the Dead in the 1993-> period knows about "I Fought The Law". Jerry played it seemingly all the time and it was seen as a quick "let's get out of here asap" kind of encore, complete with pantomine tomfoolery from Bobby and Vince (Weir shot Welnick!).

I was at the show where they premiered it, the fabled snowstorm show in Richfield March 1993. It was a terrible show but the encore (IFTL) put a smile on our faces. By the end of Spring Tour people had already had enough of it! :: The Albany shows on that tour were really rather good btw, seek out the show with the "Estimated" > "Comes A Time" dream-come-true.

Good thread, Marc. Thanks!

"if anyone else feels the order should be changed, or if Booche, or Marco would prefer another song from their lists played cool... "

I put more thought into this 'experiment' than I should have, because I wanted the autographed Kevin Bacon poster!!!!!!!!!

Anybody who was into the Dead in the 1993-> period knows about "I Fought The Law". Jerry played it seemingly all the time and it was seen as a quick "let's get out of here asap" kind of encore, complete with pantomine tomfoolery from Bobby and Vince (Weir shot Welnick!).

No offence Marc0 but thats what I was thinking when I saw it in the final setlist,especially as the second set opener...(argh).

I sorta at a loss that ya left out Brokedown or Attics,but hey its still an awesome set,I'll just have to step outside for a big ass joint during IFTL,extended set break for me.

I myself would replace IFTL with Blow Away,but again,thats just me.

Cheers & great job Marc (or is it Mark?)

first set

Scarlet Begonias

China Cat>

I know you rider

sing me back home

the wheel

my brother esau

sugar magnolia

sugaree

playin in the band

set two

Foolish Heart----for Marco