Jambands.ca

What songs would you use?

Blurry

I'm making a list of songs for our wedding and I'm looking to see which ones you would use (keeping in mind the spirit of the union)......I have a good little list but I don't want to hinder your creative process so I won't put them all.

But I'll start with our "wedding" song and let y'all go fromt there. thanks in advance ::

Bend in the River - Leftover Salmon

My future wedding song will be " Please Be With Me " by Cowboy, with Duane Allman on slide. You can get it on Duane Allman Anthology Vol. I.

Find this song. It's perfect for a wedding and it's one of the best songs I've ever heard, and it features Duane's guitaring at it's best and most beautiful.

Definitely don't go with Gram Parsons '$1000 Wedding'.

I've thought about this a ton somehow Once In A Lifetime by the Talking Heads seems like a cast against type choice. Although This Must Be The Place is probably a much better choice.

The Who's 'You Better You Bet' is a perfect choice if you ask me. Don't know if you listen to The Slip but 'If One Of Us Should Fall' is also a perfect choice.

. Don't know if you listen to The Slip but 'If One Of Us Should Fall' is also a perfect choice.

haha, exactly what i was thinking, kung.

Sweet Thing - Van Morrison. my friend used that as his "walking away from the altar hand-in-hand after the kiss" song.. i thought it was very fitting.

If I may... I think that no two people did wedding music better than Booche and Douglas.

They gave out CDs at their wedding that were so beautiful and romantic, I listen to it even a year and a half later.

My favorites on it include:

Into the Mystic - Van Morrison

Something - John Lennon acoustic version

Ripple - Jerry

Shining Star - Jerry

Way to go you two. I'm throwing it in right now once again. :)

Aw shucks, thanks Sharon.......... :o

(Think George Harrison for that one tune, and not John Lennon ;))

Esau, believe it or not, Believe It Or Not was tabbed as our 'original' wedding dance/song thingie!

Instead, we went with a 24 minute version of Shining Star. Ok, it was more like 11 minutes, but I wanted the 24 minute version. Welcome to married life........... ::

Anyways, when we did the cd, we thought of the whole thing as a 'tale' more than anything, and that is why Man Of Constant Sorrow is the first track........hehehehe. I was a MOCS before I met the Dougler, and then I was Waiting On An Angel......blah blah blah.

I also suggest Velvet as the artist formerly known as the musician performing at the ceremony itself. Thanks again Velvet!!!!!!!!

Anyways, that is my biggest recommendation. Get a local musician to play at your wedding, rather than the church organist. First, it's different than most weddings, and secondly, the church organist usually 'sucks' and will only be able to play 'those' songs.

Okay, I'll admit I'm a heretic. I'm not big into this "our song" thing. I have no idea of the wedding songs I've used, with the exception of "Time Warp" from the Rocky Horrar Picture Show, just cuz it's so much fun. Oh, and some idiot insisted on playing the "Bird Dance" to amuse the older folks in the crowd. It worked, so it wasn't a total loss.

I can't believe you didn't chime in with every Dylan tune ever that could be played at a wedding. What would those be.... you know the Girl From The North Country (is that the title?) with Dylan and Cash is a pretty damn beautiful tune.

Well, Fiona and my wedding was a Pagan handfasting, so while we were passing the chalice around the circle, my ex-gf Jane sang "As Time Goes By", then another ex-gf, Hedra, played music on her violin ... unfortunately, we didn't realize how big the circle was going to end up being, so poor Hedi ended up playing everything she knew about 3 times :: Later, at the reception, I played a bunch of CDs I brought along, but don't really remember what except for a compilation of Stax Soul Singles and Siren by Roxy Music.

Hey, I was kinda busy that day ...

RnB

okay i was thinking the gettin down and shakin your ass songs. this is more in the lovey wedding vein... how about "something" by harrison? i think that's a beauty.

i know swifty and jen had "wasting my time" by phish as they walked down the aisle. might sound odd by the title... but i think it's fitting. "lindsay" by the shantee. this is fun.