Come Together Music Fest tickets now on sale

mark tonin

Ticket prices for the May 2004 festival are as follows:

Advanced Weekend Pass - $65

Block of 10 Advanced Weekend Passes - $600

Show up at the Gate on Friday - $75

Show up at the Gate on Saturday - $50

Show up at the Gate on Sunday - $25

All tickets allow for camping until Monday.

Please note that 1 day passes will not be available for this festival. This means that if you show up at the gate on Friday, you will have to pay $75, even if you just want to stay for Friday night. Similarly, if you want to come to the festival for just Saturday, you will have to pay $50.

Tickets for the May Festival are now on sale. You can purchase tickets from the locations listed below. We recommend that you call ahead to ensure that the location does have tickets available.

Brantford Music Centre

422 Colborne St.

Brantford

(519)752-3797

Izzy’s Inland Outfitters

Waterford

519-443-4702

One Way Productions

86 Colborne Street

Brantford

(519)759-1335

Music In Orbit

71 Wyndham N

Guelph

(519)836-7001

Spiritual Smoke

163 St. Paul

St. Catharines

905-684-7680

Lauzon Music

1345 Wellington

Ottawa

(613)725-1116

Organic Traveller

Richmond St.

London

(519)432-4367

Rotate This

620 Queen St. West

Toronto

(416)504-8447

Shady Grove

592 Upper Wellington St.

Hamilton

(905)383-2533

Shakedown Street

276 King St W

Kitchener

(519)570-0440

Earth Goodies

395 St. Paul

Brantford

(519)753-5656

If you are unable to get to a ticket location to purchase tickets, you should call Mark Wilson at

(519)759-1335 or email him at

wilcometogether@hotmail.com

Visit http://www.cometogethermusicfest.ca for more updated info about the festival.

Man oh man is this coming soon ... can't wait!!!:: ::!!!

crazy, i'm starting to get excited for the summer, i love the way it just sneeks up so fast.

i just thought i;d reply cause no one else has, i will be there this may, even thought cavern is playing ( he he he)

and i am starting to get excited for that and shaker fest the week after.

yay party,

I won't be attending this show. Disappointing too is that tickets are so expensive for such a mediocre lineup. The Shaker is $40 to see the Slip twice.

No disrespect too promoters and attendees, just lamenting that this is not Frontiertown again as that was a seriously good time (mixzed with a few windshield incidents, but I digress).

I won't be attending this show. Disappointing too is that tickets are so expensive for such a mediocre lineup. The Shaker is $40 to see the Slip twice.

No disrespect too promoters and attendees, just lamenting that this is not Frontiertown again as that was a seriously good time (mixzed with a few windshield incidents, but I digress).

The promoters of the Shaker OWN the land they throw the festival on...so it's a little different... and 65 bucks to see over 20 bands is what I would call a good deal, not to mention that includes camping. CTMF is a three day event...the shaker is a two day event. The line-up is hardly mediocre and not everyone wants to see the slip at all, let alone twice in one weekend. But hey, I miss Frontiertown too.

Nope, havent' been to Izzy's but doubt that a good ol' ghost town could be beat.

Good point about owning the land, there are other factors at play there that allow them to charge less. And when you think of it the drive out will make it cost more overall.

But I challenge you to find me one bizarro person who says explicitly "I do not want to see The Slip at all". He or she is concretely in the wrong and I so badly need to send them CDs

Yes, there will be a Canada Day Come Together Music Fest at Izzy's. Originally there was not going to be one, but now there is, on July 1, 2, 3, and 4. There will also be a Labour Day festival.

I personally think that Izzy's is a great venue. Yes, in many ways, I doubt that any venue could match Frontier Ghost Town, but Izzy's does have some distinct advantages, including a lake on site, big trees for shade, flush toilets, etc. And don't get me wrong, I love the saloon for late night music, but last year the music at Izzy's went on for much longer than it would have been allowed on the outdoor stage at Frontier Ghost Town.

I think people would have a hard time finding a campground to camp at over the May long weekend for much cheaper ... and many of those places wouldn't have any live music at all!

When a festival becomes larger and "legit", the costs increase. That's just the nature of things. It's cheaper to run something under-the-table than it is above-board. The Come Together Music Festivals have got to the point where they are too big to run as small private parties.

Bottom line for me, I can think of nowhere else I'd rather be for the May long weekend than at the Come Together Music Fest. Hopefully lots of other people feel the same way as I do and we can continue to enjoy this local, grassroots music festival. See you there!

Peace, Mark

Nope, havent' been to Izzy's but doubt that a good ol' ghost town could be beat.

really, well, i have been to CTMF at izzy's and quite frankly, that was one of the best weekends of the entire summer. in fact, out of the 3 CTMFs i went to last year, the labour day one at izzy's kicked the ass of the canada day one at frontier town. don't get me wrong, frontier town is certainly an amazing place, and of course it will be missed, but izzy's is a great place too. open yer damn mind, mang :), frontier town is not the only fun place on earth. haha. i mean no offense. seriously though, if you give izzy's a shot, you'll probably be pleasantly surprised at what you find. but anyway. less cynics there, more dancing room! heehee

and c-towns, yes, mark wilson announced at the recent diesel dog show at pepperjack's that there will indeed be a canada day CTMF. how awesome is that?!?!?!?!

*edit, mark ya beat me to it haha*

Definitely no disrespect intended. I may have been a bit on the cranky side this morning pre-coffee. It's a blessing to have ANY music festivals these days seeing as so many just south of us have been cancelled or simply gone under. So hats off to the promoters and the bands for participating.

That being said you have to pick and choose according to timing and budget and what not. I'm sure ti'll be a fun time for everyon who goes.

and c-towns, yes, mark wilson announced at the recent diesel dog show at pepperjack's that there will indeed be a canada day CTMF. how awesome is that?!?!?!?!

Woohoo, looks like I know what I'm doin on the 1st and 2nd of July, too bad i gotta go to a wedding for the 3rd, so do I get to not sleep in your tent princess....

::

FYI, the specific schedule for the May long weekend should be posted at some point next week. As far as I know, here is some info for people - I am 99% sure that this is correct:

Friday - Jomomma, Tala and Cavern

Saturday - The Resinators, The New Shady Groove, That 1 Guy, and lots of other bands

Sunday - The Jimmy Swift Band, Diesel Dog, Caution Jam, Steve Murphy & Crazy Stickbird (CD Release), and lots of other bands

Looks like a pretty sweet lineup to me!!! :: :: :)!!!

Some CTMF "regulars", some guaranteed dance parties, and some acts I've never seen before. A nice mix, in my humble opinion.

Peace, Mark

Disappointing too is that tickets are so expensive for such a mediocre lineup.

That's the first thing I thought of too. I love CTMF and I'm sure I'll end up going but I certainly cannot pretend that I'm anywhere near as excited or enthused about this one as I used to be about CTMF's at Frontier. There is definitely room for competition for my time on the long weekends now.

If you get bored of being at Izzy's, my boyfriends band "SHEPHERD'S PIE" is playing at The Whippletree in Simcoe on the Friday and Saturday night.

Simcoe is just a 10 minute drive south of Waterford! :D

Hey Buffy! I might just be up for that! I haven't seen Billy-Ray play outside of my livingroom yet! ;) Is Fretman (Brian) in that band too?

i agree with willy, i'\ll most likely be there, but there is going to be room for compition for my long weekends too.

i wish shaker fest was the weekend earlier

and 65 bucks to see cavern, and a bucnh of other bands is getting alittle steep, especially considering there are no day passes now

Disappointing too is that tickets are so expensive for such a mediocre lineup.

That's the first thing that came to my mind.

I have to admit, that's the first thing I thought of too :(

No disrespect to anyone putting it on but there are some very valid points ie - Shaker for only $40 with many more well known bands and I can head down to Hookahville for almost the same amount and see 2 nights of Hookah, Keller, Leftover Salmon, Ricky Skaggs and Del McCoury.

Again, no disrespect.....just being honest in my thoughts!!

Hopefully people don't feel a sense of disrespect when honest opinons are expressed in a tactful manner. As a CTMF supporter, I know that I don't have a problem with people expressing their thoughts and feelings about the festival, or about anything in general. Having said that, it does upset me when people criticize in a way that is extremely harsh or insulting. I don't read anything of that nature in this thread. I guess it's the school teacher coming out in me ... I'm always pushing for "constructive criticism" in my classes.

Peace, Mark

I've heard talk of a *special* camping area for people that party past 1AM this year at CTMF. I know one of the problems they had last year was sesonal campers getting upset about us all showing up on property they had rented for the summer. Does anyone know if this *special* area is going to be across the road from the festival? I didn't trek over there last Labour Day but my girlfriend who lives in Waterford tells me it isn't very nice for camping. Unlevel ground and kind of swampy is what I think I heard her say.

Regardless, I am excited to be going back to Izzy's. Of course it's no Frontier Town but don't kid yourself... this place is BEAUTIFUL! I was a little disappointed in the price myself but I've decided to just go in on Saturday morning and save myself $15. It'll be a real bite missing Cavern (greatest Canadian band in history) but I think I'll live ;)

I spoke with Mark Wilson a few days ago about this and he was still working with Izzy on the idea of setting up a separate festival camping area for those campers who don't want to sleep. The original plan was to set up a camping area across the road, but that has not been decided for sure yet. I've never been to the area across the road so I can't comment on what it's like. If and when I hear some more info from Mark about this I'll post it.

Peace, Mark

i kinda liked having the camping and stage all in one area, it just seems to me that if there were 2 stages and 2 camping areas people are going to have to spend alot of time waking around looking for there friends and seeing bands and stuff