Jambands.ca

Move over Instant Live here comes eMusic live

Stapes

040429_musiconastick_hmed_1p.hmedium.jpg

NEW YORK - Oh, how far we've come from the 78, the 45, even the CD. Now, minutes after your favorite band sounds its last note on stage, you can load a live recording of the concert onto a cigarette-lighter-sized hard drive hanging off your keychain.

advertisement

Take it home, toss the digital files onto your computer and then e-mail it to all your friends with the message, "Dude! These guys are awesome!"

On May 21, new digital kiosks offering the tiny drives will be installed at Maxwell's, a small indie-rock club in Hoboken, N.J. At $10 a pop for the recording, and $20 for the reusable, keychain drive, let the downloading begin.

"This is a tool that allows fans to take home and share some of the best independent music from small live venues around the country," said Daniel Stein, CEO of Dimensional Associates, a private equity firm that owns eMusic Live, which created the machines, as well as eMusic, a music file-sharing Web site, and The Orchard, a marketing firm for independent labels.

For Scott Ambrose Reilly, president of eMusic Live, the idea is to let fans have a legal copy of a live show, which gives smaller artists and their labels creative control over the quality of the recording and a commercial stake in its distribution.

Full Story

Well, not for a while, our drummer is doing his Phd, so we're at his mercy.

EQUINOX is gonna be insane though...

Themasses,

Stephen Franke and NFTT,

INJECT,

Iguales (from Seattle) (they remind me of a less-ambient nero)

and some amazing visuals and DJ's from Deliria

all in the Polynesian Tiki Rooms! (one stage outside)

I forgot I had that pic, thought I'd share...