Jambands.ca

Gary Busey

gentlemonkey

I think more than a few have made the nolte/busey connection. This should be interesting to say the least whenever we get to see it in Canada (or were those Canadian listings). Remember the story about Busey bailing his coke stash on the back of his dog and how he was trying to comb it out and huffing it off his dogs back (apparently that was rock bottom for the busester).

The one benefit of being in the US last year was watching some cool shows not available in Canada. Along with a healthy dose of Punkd, Newlyweds and the Osbournes....... I also saw all of the "I'm with Busey" episodes. Truly scary to see this dude just lose his shit at every turn.

Wait till you see the episode where he takes the co-host camping, announces they don't need the gear they brought, that they need to connect with nature, throws all of the gear away and then sits still and silent as the guy with him wonders if he will ever make it out alive.

Whatever drugs this guy was on, don't do them. They are VERY Bad.

Excellent TV, the guy with him is perfect for the role. Kind of reminds me of Rick Mercer with his ability to look down his nose at Busey, without seeming totally condesending or antagaonistic.

Sean

'Wait till you see the episode where he takes the co-host camping, announces they don't need the gear they brought, that they need to connect with nature, throws all of the gear away and then sits still and silent as the guy with him wonders if he will ever make it out alive.

Whatever drugs this guy was on, don't do them. They are VERY Bad.'

Kinda reminds me of the time you showed up camping at Vermont Dave's for a TAB show or two.

Ya but who on this show would fill the role of "The Mayor", what with his semi-portable breathing apparatus?

And of course my brother would request Freekers attendance, so that he would have someone to quietly finish all of the booze as morning approaches.

That was a wicked weekend, but alas three months of complete sobriety prior to my birthday meant that those few puffs left me without much memory for the entire time I was there.

Sean