Jambands.ca

sissypants need not apply

PalacePrincess

alright. i was going to just hijack chase's thread, but there were too many negative vibes going on in there, so i've decided to start a whole new thread. we seem to have about a bajillion shaker ones going on right now, so i figure one more in the way of CTMF is okay. :)

perhaps the reason CTMF morale seems so low around here these days is because everytime someone mentions something positive about it, five more people pop on bitching and whining about oh blah blah it's not frontier town, boo hoo, i don't wanna go, it costs too much, the lineup "sucks", waaaa waaaa waaaa. :D (much love to you all anyway). which is fine, everyone is entitled to their opinions, but it's getting to be a real drag having all this poop shovelled on a weekend that is going to be sooooooo fun!

so! i now invite you to step into the funnest thread on the board, the ~OFFICIAL~ I'M PUMPED AS FUCK FOR CTMF, ROLL CALL THREAD!!!!!

if you're coming and excited, this is the place to let loose! (chase, you can still reply in the affirmative, i promise we're gonna get you there one way or another).

if you only have bad things to say, please start a "let's bitch for days about how izzy's is not frontier town and therefore CTMF just won't be as fun" thread, and leave this one to those of us who are going, and very happy to!

here, i'll start.

WOW!!!! i'm so fricken excited! only SEVENTEEN MORE DAYS!!!! i'm doing the $50 show up at the gate on saturday, and that's really a great deal for all the fun that's gonna go down! i'm excited to see all the bands, and i'm especially excited to see all the people!!! it's gonna be sooooooooooo great!!!!!!!!

agree2.jpg

Palace Princess - let me just start off by saying YOU ROCK BABY CAKES!!!!! I know that if YOU'RE there, I'm going to have a fun time regardless!

I'm DAMN excited for May 2-4 celebrations at Izzy's. And I want to thank all the promoters in advanced for working so hard to put this all together!

Can't wait to let loose and party hard - see all you crazy fun people there!!!!!

WAY TO GO PRINCESS!!!

I fully agree, there are defintely a few draw backs to Izzy's but I think I have a few solutions...

First, the police issue... I'm searching high and low for old police shirts at used clothing stores so I can dress up like a cop myself. I think the police in Norfolk County would be really impressed if there was a large group of us dressed up like cops. It shows them we're a cool group despite our law-bending actions and plus it's fun to dress up and immitate the man.

Secondly, I WILL NOT camp across the road! That is crap, I've heard nothing but bad things about the land on that side of the road. I understand the partying may be a bit much for the seasonal campers and I'll do my best to stay out of their way but we are all paying a lot of money to be there as well so I'm not taking the back seat just because I'm not there three months out of the year.

I've said it before and I'll say it again... Izzy's is a BEAUTIFUL place!!! I think it's a GREAT venue for CTMF and the whining about Frontier Town HAS TO DIE! EVERYONE misses the place, it sucks they don't want us Durham but what can you do?!?! Mark has put so much work into keeping this GREAT festival alive and even though it's not at Frontier Town I'll show my gratitude by continuously supporting CTMF.

If you haven't been to Izzy's before YOU SHOULD REALLY COME DOWN AND CHECK IT OUT! I garuntee you won't regret it, just don't park by the lake!

izzy25.jpg

picture taken from LMP's website www.littlemisspink.ca

whoa chase - this is to ENTICE people to come, not scare the living crap outta them! It's a pretty outfit though, you'll look just darling in it.

hehehe... you can tell the princess is excited... she said the F word!

Yeah sorry about that. Maybe the bikers will all come now...lol.

Yeah she's excited for sure.

I'm searching high and low for old police shirts at used clothing stores so I can dress up like a cop myself. I think the police in Norfolk County would be really impressed if there was a large group of us dressed up like cops. It shows them we're a cool group despite our law-bending actions and plus it's fun to dress up and immitate the man.

I would highly recommend that you do not do that. I was witness to those police last year and they are not the types to find humour in that.

Now, back to the thread! WOO-HOO!!!!!!

hahaha, nice one people! that's the spirit! have a few things to add,

pink, aw shucks! same goes for you baby! and hahahaha, yup, you know when the real f-word comes flyin' outta these fingers, it's serious! in this case, serious FUN that is! heehee

babsy, i'm so excited you & that hottie future wife of yours are gonna be there!!!!!!!! that's the best news i've heard all day!

and chase, hahahaha, love the outfit! that's right up the party alley (that guy looks so much like the shining star of ghost world, a la convenience store scene, haha). i'm already planning to debut my red satin disco/80's/salsa-esque prom dress on the saturday, and that's just an extra ball of excitement right there! it's been in my closet for weeks now, just ready to jump out and give'r! maybe we can parade our fancy new outfits around the grounds together.

and newrider, AH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! golly i heart you, aaron. :D heehee.

first of all:

First, the police issue... I'm searching high and low for old police shirts at used clothing stores so I can dress up like a cop myself. I think the police in Norfolk County would be really impressed if there was a large group of us dressed up like cops. It shows them we're a cool group despite our law-bending actions and plus it's fun to dress up and immitate the man.

mang, i almost peed my pants when i read that. AH HA HA HA AHA HAH!!!!!!!!! that's fricken gold, i will *SO* join you on that mission.

secondly,

Secondly, I WILL NOT camp across the road! That is crap,

no doubt!!!!!!! awesome point, i'm glad you brought that up. to anyone reading this that hasn't been at izzy's, one of the major bonus points is how close the camping area is to the stage. a wee little walk, but still far enough to rest (if yer sissy ass needs to!) i just loved our spot, in fact, i'm hoping we get the same one! close to the lake, close to the stage, lightly sprinkled with nature (i.e. trees), and right smack dab in the middle of the party. i'm actually quite excited to see what kind of village we can get going this year!

and willy, glad to see a whooohoooo outta ya, hopefully you and that gorgeous princess leanne will make it out, and LEAVE THE SISSYPANTS AT HOME!!!!! ;) hahahahhaha

definatly don't park near the lake, unless you chain your car to a tree... and if chase is gonna wear then i guess i better step up and give him a ride, i have a whip that would go smashingly with his outfit, i'm excited to see everyone, and get yelled at for being a "sissy pants comlainer" maybe if i come i'll wear a disguise

I went to my first Come Together Music Fest in May 2001, and had one of the best weekends of my entire life. I've been to 5 additional Come Together Music Festivals since then, including the last one at Izzy's, and I have had an awesome time at every one of them. I will absolutely, positively be there, and am so looking forward to it.

I think when all is said and done, the people that decide to go to this year's festival are going to look back at it when it's over and think "Wow, what a blast! I had so much fun! I can't wait to do it again!" I have a hard time believing that people will not have a great time at this festival, given the number of amazing people that will be there, the fantastic music that we will hear, and the beautiful venue which is so easy to get to for many of us.

May long weekend, camped out at Izzy's with so many friends, listening to sweet music under the sun, moon and stars ... I can think of nowhere else that I'd rather be!

Peace, Mark

kudos to the princess for your enthusiasm! goddamn, woman! have you ever thought of being a motivational speaker?? i wasn't really even considering going to CTMF since i'm heading to the shaker the next weekend and i'm pretty sure the old bod can't handle both (i know, that was a glimpse of said sissy pants!) but your words and the ones you inspired from the others have got me wishing i could go!! if only there were more weekends in the summer!

cheers sister! ::

My first CTMF was May 2002. It was cold and snowy, but the 'East Coast Explosion' warmed me up by the last day... I only knew one or two skanks at the time... never looked back.

I thank Nikki and MK for getting this ball rolling. It only took a year, but I finally convinced some more friends to come for May 2003.

bow down to the qu'est-ce que c'est! qqc, i eternally thank you for your hard work and dedication (as well as the hunsen burner) for your non-stop "come to CTMF!" pitches. without you, it would never have been possible. so thanks for relentlessly nudging one of the best decisions i've ever made. :)

and heehee, thanks meggo! never really considered motivational speaking (would i have to get tony robbins teeth to succeed? haha), but i did always want to be a cheerleader... mostly for the outfits mind you, i think i am still going to get a real one (although i did pledge that if i ever go back to university before i hit 30, i'm trying out for the cheerleading squad just because i've always wanted to... no matter how dumb cheerleading is, teehee).

ANYWAY, i'm getting off track here (amazing what cheerleader outfit talk can do to a girl, haha). okay so YES, meggo, that would be super awesome if you came! i think it was the glorious M who once stated that half the time you don't go out to fun things because you're trying to save money, you end up spending just as much when you miss out! and it's a whole entire week before shaker to relax and recuperate. so to all ya sissies and semi-sissies (heehee) who are naysaying CTMF so you can rest up and save up for shaker, i say, just fuckin' give'r!!!!:D seriously! even if you come down just for sat-sun, or even just sunday night, it's gonna be the bomb, and the prices go down with each passing day! PLUS, the amount you have to bring to consume goes down with each day as well, so it just becomes a cost efficient bonanza of superfun times all around! and hell, there's hippies all over the place at those things, and they share. ;) heehe

boy oh boy will i ever share the prom dress collection! i'm definitely bringing backups, in fact, there's a number or two i specifically bought with camping in mind (will this fit over a sweater... will it be forever damaged by smoke... can it survive a weekend of CTMF... yes, sold!). so come on out!

i know this picture has been posted before, but i think it really captures the spirit of the weekend. i now present, a typical moment at izzy's:

izzy6.jpg

*note, not exactly as shown, fun level is FAR too high to be properly captured on film. ::

Musta been a good one Mark,I was at the first one also but it was in May 2000. ;)

My first one was definitely not the first one. I'm always a little slow when it comes to these things! :: ;)

One thing that I like experiencing about regular festivals such as the Come Together Music Fest is the thrill that people have when they go for the first time. It really is an overwhelming feeling to show up without having much of a clue about what to expect and going "wow, this is going on in southern Ontario ... if only I'd known sooner!!!" I am certain that will happen to some people this May long weekend, and I hope I am around those people when they express themselves ... that's always fun, listening to people describe the event as they experience it for the first time.

It's going to be a blast!!!

Peace, Mark

Musta been a good one Mark,I was at the first one also but it was in May 2000. ;)

My first one was definitely not the first one. I'm always a little slow when it comes to these things! :: ;)

One thing that I like experiencing about regular festivals such as the Come Together Music Fest is the thrill that people have when they go for the first time. It really is an overwhelming feeling to show up without having much of a clue about what to expect and going "wow, this is going on in southern Ontario ... if only I'd known sooner!!!" I am certain that will happen to some people this May long weekend, and I hope I am around those people when they express themselves ... that's always fun, listening to people describe the event as they experience it for the first time.

It's going to be a blast!!!

Peace, Mark

I have a feeling that I will be one of these people! ::

i love fucking with cops and i still got my uniform from ghosttown last year if you want in newrider.

That's the last thing the two of you need, an "Impersonating an Officer" charge to go along with the 5 or 6 charges you'll probably rack up that weekend... ::

Note to everyone: DO NOT LET INSTAGATOR NEAR ANY RYE DURING CTMF... E-mail JstSmkd1 for photographic evidence as to why NOT to give him rye... Let's just say it doesn't "agree" with him...

Oh, and watch your asses... (Just a heads up...)