Jambands.ca

Bonnaroo Warmup Roll Call.....

goldengrooves

big hamilton crew coming, not sure how many altogether, were meeting with some friends from Vancouver down there too........we'll definately have to make arangements to meet up near Manchester, ....Mont Eagle maybe(The Piggly Wiggly)?

If my girlfriend has to work Wednesday night, we'll be leaving late Wednesday night or early Thursday morning. If Rachael can get off of work and the other girls I'll be going down with schedules are open I'd like to go down earlier and see some of Tennessee.

Quite possibly \/\/illy, it all just depends on a few variables. I got my vacation week changed to the week before Bonnaroo so my whole week is open. If Rachael, Sarah and Karen have the week open then I would like to possibly go to Memphis for the first time. I've always wanted to go to the home of Beale Street and the birth place of Sun Records and Stax Records.

If we go down early then it might be easier to hook up with you and the group you're going down with. If we're heading down Thursday morning it could be very difficult. I like you have been to the first two Bonnaroo's and so you know like I how crazy the highways are enroute to Manchester when the gates are about to open for Bonnaroo.

We'll definitely talk more about the scenario of meeting up as time goes by.

It's true Will we are tent camping. But for my on well being where I park I will be camping. I like the security of having my stuff locked in my car, also I wouldn't want to leave my car unattended for three days.

I'm hardly at my site anyway other than to sleep as I try and take in as much music as humanly possible for a sober person.

As I said as time goes on and we all determine when we're leaving I'm more than happy to try and hook up getting in if it is at all possible.

If we don't I'm sure through the message board and/or cell phones we will find each other during the festival.

I'm currently listening to Trey's "Seis De Mayo", I find it quite soothing, though I still feel it's too short for the price. I guess I better get my money's worth and listen to it as often as possible.

• 4 weeks later...

We came from the West last year. We waited six hours to get in. However, the drive through the Smokey Mountains at dawn was spectactular and I'd recommend it to anyone. I don't think we've decided which way to come this year.

The first year we waited about 18 hours to get in. I read that they doubled the number of gates for the second year. The second year it took us 6 hours to get in. I've read that they've doubled the number of gates for this year. Here's hoping for an hour wait.

I figure that it's 1000kms from Hamilton. I'm guessing that's about 14-16 hours drive for me. My vehicle is very slow and we've got 4 people in it this year. I'd like to leave on Tuesday night or VERY early Wednesday morning. There's no such thing as getting there too early because there's a million other things we could do to occupy our time.

Here's a little blurb that I did for jambands.ca about the event:

Unless you've been spending the last several years in a sensory deprivation chamber trying to preserve your youthful effervescence, you've probably heard about Superfly Productions' Bonnaroo Festival. Located on a sprawling 700-acre (280-hectare) farm in beautiful Manchester, Tennessee, this is widely regarded as the festival of festivals in the live music world. Boasting rumoured attendance numbers of nearly 90,000 people, four major stages and several additional lesser stages, all with brilliant acoustics and excellent sightlines, the sheer existence of this festival is a wonder to be observed. Add to that, artist representation that includes everything from 'Jamband' epics such as The Dead, Dave Matthews, String Cheese Incident, and moe., to Bluegrass crowd pleasers like Yonder Mountain String Band and The Del McCoury Band, to modern Jazz bands the likes of Medeski Martin & Wood and The Jazz Mandolin Project, to Country favourite Willie Nelson, to Blues superstar Taj Mahal. This festival is simply a "must attend" for any avid music fan.

The staff are courteous, helpful, and best of all; fun-loving. The crowd is colourful, beautiful, and eccentric. The local residents are relaxed, welcoming, and very friendly. The music is loud, clear, and simply amazing. The 'surprise' jams that happen in almost every scheduled timeslot will leave even the most experienced festival-goers with stories to tell in the coming years.

If you love live music and fun people, do not miss the opportunity to experience Bonnaroo for yourself. For more information and to purchase tickets, please visit www.bonnaroo.com.

However, the drive through the Smokey Mountains at dawn was spectactular and I'd recommend it to anyone.

Yeah, that's one of the most beautiful experiences I had when I went down 2 years ago as well. That's why I want to leave from toronto and drive through the night so that I can make it to the Smokey Mountains by dawn....gorgeous...just gorgeous!

So, is there gonna be a camp Canada this year?

Camp Canada: Let's do it!

Last year we met at the Piggly Wiggly in Monteagle. I've read that there's a lot of VW vans meeting at the Walmart the night before but I'm not entirely sure where the Walmart is or whether I can make it in time.

What are you thinking?

Camp Canada: Let's do it!

What are you thinking?

Yeah, I'm not at all familiar with the area, so it could be tough, but not impossible. I'm thinking we'll be in nashville area around 11am thursday, which might be a little late for you if you're leaving earlier in the week. Worse comes to worse, I'll walk around with a lawn chair looking for folks with canadian brew.