Jambands.ca

the naked girl for moe. in mattydale...

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

so I'm on my toes, admiring my posterior and trying to envision a good shot in the front room mirror and the highschool kids from across the street drive up "whats your wierd long haired neighbour doin?" said their eyes

"drinkin beer" I stared back

I'm getting drunk as fuck tonight, and its gonna be awesome.

Man, this is a fine line I am never going to understand. By the way Dima, all I said earlier was not directed at you or anyone else personally. I just felt that NorthernWish was being ganged up, so I threw my hat in his ring.

In the end, I felt sorry for that girl. Maybe, I didnt really know why.

Hey Booche,

I think you do a great job here.........I think Paisley's got it right in that not that it was moderated but why someone was offended by it.

One of the things I like about this board is that I can expect the unexpected :)

In the end, it didn't offend me at all......but it certainly doesn't bother me that it's gone either!

oh yeah.....and Paisley all nude, all summer........I can already chalk this one up as the BEST SUMMER EVER!!!!!

Paisley - can you send me a list of the festivals you'll be attending? thanks ;):P

"it was a bare bum...she was standing there with a bare bum. Not much more to it than that. "

Well that's what I figured. I just wanted to know (see) what's so offensive about that. Or what that has do with drug talk or terrorism or stupid sexy booche in a nurse's uniform. ::

So can we assume that if you decide, for whatever reason - maybe because the genius noodlings of moe. are just so damn sexy, like most jambands - to get half naked at a public event, you're leaving yourself open to be photographed? And that that photo is prone in this day and age to be distributed beyond your control? And that you probably know that as you're unbuckling your pants but just don't care anymore? What about Wook #17?

And can we further agree that there's nothing really offensive about a bare bum? I don't see any point in comparing it to the snuff photos and shit-bath filth that was appropriately removed from this board?

I mean, we had some consensus that the Janet Jackson nipple-party really wasn't worth any fuss. And when I'm giving paisley a hot-oil rub, I'm really only thinking about the groceries.

Holy. Moley.

gotta be 21 to get into a club in the states, you'd figure you'd know if you're a pants wearer or not by then

wasn't against anyone in the discussion, just discussing the issue on the discussion board... everyone doesn't HAVE to get so excited ::

pants, no pants... mind a visible nude bum, don't mind

each to their own... made my main point first thing I said, the thread title said "the naked girl"

as dima said, if you don't want to see it just skip the thread

(new service: paisley's butt cheeks for rent for the advertising of friendly messages - 15 letter maximum)

You people want to come on here and bash Bouche for moderating?!?!? Go the fuck home and build your own website.... He had nothing to do with this, other than fulfilling his role as "moderator" meaning simply:

A person, or small group of people who manage some subset of mailing lists and Usenet newsgroups. Moderators are responsible for determining which email submissions are passed onto a list.

Through my objection, Bouche was kind enough to realize even if one member is offended it was worthy of moderation.

And then you want to complain about moderating and editorial control and "Bushian" politics. I would say that all of your comments were much more intense and Big Brotherish than my sharing my OPINION that the pic didn't belong here in a public forum. You all came down on me for sharing an opinion, much like the current state of media in the US.

Yes it was just a bare bum, but it wasn't your bare bum to give permission for the pic to be posted.

And no I didn't have to click on the link, but I did and I didn't like it. In the future if you think the subject line requires a composite definition of the contents so as not to offend, maybe it would be easier to not make the post.

Like I said, if you want naked bums (male or female) and haven't found a place online to look at that, you are far beyond help. Go on over to the Penthouse message board and post a bunch of pics of Pablo Sanchez and his sexy guitar and see what kind of a response you get.....

Leave Bouche alone, flame me. I am a big boy and I can take it.

S

ps. marcO I was just out for lunch and watched the train go by at a traffic light. One of the large coal cars, had a huge tag of Marc O across the side of it. Made me think of the Hammer!

...my 2 cents...

For some of the pictures that people have posted in the past on this site, i can see the "obvious" humour in them.. but this one, i think it's sad and relatively easy to make the assumption that unless this girl was some sort of "partial nudist" demonstrator or involved in a dare, she was likely fucked up beyond belief and had no clue what she was doing.. . maybe i'm naive, but i hardly think someone's going to take off their pants just to grab the attention of a friend across the bar .. for some, yeah it's just a bare bum and a symbol of nudity and freedom and blah blah blah .... but i think both sean and booche are just expressing some empathy... this reminds me of that wook picture from "a heads tale" that people were posting all around and making fun of the guy... what if there is an accompanying pic of her face that starts making the rounds and somehow this becomes a nightmare for the girl.? especially given the relative smallness of our community...

can you imagine what the crowd response must have been to her? if she was fucked up and had no idea what was going on, i'm sure there would have been at least one asshole in the crowd who might have felt she was "inviting" a certain kind of response given her lack of attire.

as for the guys vs. girls butt debate... i rarely hear of men being raped at shows...most men can walk around shows naked without the fear of being dragged off...

i've heard way too many sickening stories of girls being taken advantage of ... maybe this bare bum is funny... i think my thought was dear god, what the hell happened after this photo?

lastly... even "girls gone wild" requires girls to sign a waiver for permission to distribute the photos and i highly doubt this girl let her pic be taken like this... not that anyone's making money off of selling photos of this girls' ass but who knows....

Making this about censorship is juvenile... god, do you really think booche is big brother and will start changing the sentences we type? all the pictures we post? sometimes things come down to good taste... and i think both booche and NW have both exemplified this...

fair point M

certainly not for anyone being taken advantage of or being so out of control they have no idea if they're clothed or not

I was just assuming that if they took the picture the girl seemed more or less fine, if buzzing... if I had've been there I would've asked her if she was ok and if she was sure she wanted to be walking around without pants... figure anyone would

been at shows where there's been girls wandering around in the buff and it seemed like no harm was being done... I was going to say earlier on that its not like guys are lining up for her or anything in the pic

without knowing more of the story I guess its wrong to be for or against

I wish somebody would censor *me* - before I post idiotic things to the board! Like maybe a little monkey that sits on my shoulder and punches me in the ear every time I type something stupid... like this post!!

I bet my ear would be pretty sore after about, oh... ten minutes or so.

Thanks M!

I lost my father when I was 8, and was raised by my mom. That isn't an excuse for thinking the way I do, but I have a slightly different perspective on things sometimes.

Flame away that I found it offensive. But don't claim to know me and what I am about. I am the same dude, who in my 9 years of legal age, has never stepped inside a strip club. And I don't pass judgement on any of you for doing so, it just isn't something for me.

If I am guilty of judging, it is usually the judging of men who feel they have the right to take advantage of a female.

The point I was trying to get across 29 posts ago, was that it wasn't right to put that up here. Period.

Signing off of this one,

Sean

Paisley makes sense. I can’t believe I typed that, but it’s true!

Personally, I think I'm just pleased to see us discussing something around here. It's been so slow lately.

Having never seen the photo, I can't comment on it's value, right or wrong, but a few things come to mind as I go through this thread:

1 - Booche is one of our beloved and handsome moderators and near as I can tell he uses this privlege responsibly and appropriately, so he should get the benefit of all of our doubts.

2 – Sean doesn’t need to catch shit for voicing his opinion. And anytime you make it out to the Hammer bro, let’s get together and have a beer. And look at some dirty photos. ::

3 - for all the empathy arguments, maybe I'm a hard nose about this kind of thing, but for all the "stuff" I've plowed into my face over the years I still feel you're ultimately responsible for your own behaviour. So if I get loaded and then naked at a red-hot sexy Drums & Tuba show or something, I'm a bit of a twit and wouldn't have much room to complain about it when the photo pops up on a message board. I'd be mortified but I'd have no-one but myself to blame. This point has nothing to do with whether the photo should be posted here or not, just a "how-did-I-get-here?" kind of thing.

4 - And paisley is right, I think guys get a bad rap sometimes; I bet 99.9% of the male members of this board would go ask that girl if she was ok, help her find her friends (and pants), assist her gently and respectfully, or at the very least keep an eye on her and intervene if they saw another dude taking advantage of said situation. I’m sure there are a million horror stories to counteract that impression but you never hear the other side of things in these debates.

Moderating at this point is based on a VERY loose set of rules, and with those, not everything is read by either me or Andre so things get lost in the 'cracks' ::.

What this means is that there is alot of self moderation in here BEFORE posts are made. Most people have been able to understand the common ground that we all walk on and what's acceptable or not acceptable to most is usually respected.

Once in a while, something will cross the line and it's obvious that it should be deleted.

Less often are the ones that are really walking the fine line like the bumshot.

I didn't touch it, because in my mind it wasn't glaringly offensive to most people. Andre killed it with a very clear idea that it should be considered offensive mainly because it really falls under voyeurism.

That's how I look at it now. Professionally photographed tanned tight shapely ass, like Kung posted, shouldn't be in the same category as an anonymous girl with her pants off for some unknown reason.

So, I guess just accept the fact that something was removed on one of those very rare occurances.

This is a great community and everyone is pretty much responsible for what they post and I think it's gone fairly well as is.