Jambands.ca

Los Lonely Boys @ Barrymore's Tonight

Freeker

LLBMemphis.jpg

The family band is a great rock'n'roll institution - from the Everly Brothers and the Beach Boys to the Black Crowes and Hanson. There's something about the unstudied perfection of sibling vocal harmonies that creates a distinctive, irresistible style. Los Lonely Boys, three brothers, aged 21-25, from a tiny town in West Texas, are about to write a new chapter in this compelling saga of America's musical families. They began as their father's backing band. Now, Los Lonely Boys will make their own mark.

Los Lonely Boys are the three Garza brothers: Henry on guitar, Jojo on bass, and Ringo on drums. This remarkable trio of brothers has been making music together since they were small children and now has a decade of professional experience under their belts as well. Los Lonely Boys write, sing, and play music drawn from diverse sources, blending their influences into a seamless style. Weaned on Tex-Mex, country, blues, and rock pioneers like Richie Valens, Chuck Berry and Fats Domino, and such pop music giants as The Beatles, Los Lonely Boys augment those solid basics with red-hot guitar playing, percolating rock and Latin rhythms, and dynamic interplay and luscious vocal harmonies -- all three brothers also sing -- to produce songs rife with engaging hooks, expressive lyrics, and melodic sumptuousness.

The band's self-titled debut album is packed so tightly, it's hard to believe all of this music was created by a trio. Though Henry, the oldest of the brothers, has been hailed as the inheritor of the great Texas guitar tradition epitomized by Freddie King, Johnny Winter and the Vaughan Brothers, he is also the greatest young player in the burgeoning Latino rock guitar style pioneered by Carlos Santana. Backed by tight, intense rhythmic support from his brothers, Henry's playing makes Los Lonely Boys one of the most exciting new bands to emerge in the new millennium. Ask no less an authority than Willie Nelson, who has called Los Lonely Boys his favorite band and invited them to record this album at his own Pedernales studio.

Los Lonely Boys Website

hey man, i could get down to that sound. let me know if you have any extras come show time. i'm not sure where i'll be pre-show but if you have, & don't mind leaving an extra with the door under stan loungeman, this could be some sweet action. hope it's a good show regardless...

well,

thanks to Freeker for the free tix. Good times with good friends.

That being said.... thank god the tickets were free because that was the biggest let down I've had in a while. To totally rip off a good friend.... I felt like going home and pulling a double Van Gogh. Simply inexcusibly (sp) awful is all I have to say about that.

Sorry Stan, wish I had of seen your post before i left, turns out we had two extra freebies, thanks to "Long Balls Bouchard" and "No Balls Snelgrove" not showing up, pussies!!! :: :: ::

The show was sounding alright when we walked in, but the longer we stayed the worse it got. By the end I was just happy to see the stage antics to keep me awake, those boys know all the rock star tricks thats for sure. :P

He's bitching again because it wasnt trancey enough, and they had too much 'groovitude' for him to handle.

These Ottawa Elitists are fucked in the head. ;)

Keep in mind, I wasnt there, but I dont trust anyone in Ottawa's opinion. They are facked.