Jambands.ca

Antelope Greg?

kung

Was reading the Phish Japan 2000 review that some kid had done and they made mention of Antelope Greg and his bad vibes. Is this the dude?

ass.jpg

I recall Northern Wish talking about this guy and maybe it came up that he was the guy at the Clifford Ball who Trey singled out for being up front and centre at every show that tour. Anybody got any good dirt?

(incidentally I noticed in the url of the photo the pic of him is labelled as 'ass.jpg')

I'm not too sure if that is him. I wouldn't recognize him without a look of sheer evil across his face. Kind of looks like him, if I can imagine him in the first three rows, inside his personal space.

Across the States from 1997 to 2001 I must have run into that guy at at least 10 shows, the worst being Grand Rapids 98. This show was poorly attended at best and he still worked the floor crowd to get his space and piss everyone off. Check alot of the crowd videos that circulate and you can usually see his outstretched arms around front row center (Dayton 95, Columbus 00, and the last night of the Island Tour come to mind immediately).

Its been a while since I have run into Greg Phelps, and thats a good thing.

Sean - that is him for sure. I have run across Gregg at a few shows as well, notably Europe tour 1998. He is a total tool. I have been seeing him out and about on tour since sometime in 1997.

Hopefully I never will run across him again. I am not about riding the rail at shows anymore anyway, so we usually are in different parts of a venue.

Colin

Trey dedicated an Antelope in his honour in deer creek last summer. Aparentaly he got busted selling molly and was the 1st show he'd missed since 89. This is just what some headie newscaster told me after the show, so i'm not garunteeing the actual factual content of the statement.

Hmmm...At Albany in November, I was front row (::), Page side, and there was a guy dancing behind/to-the-left of me. He had his arms upraised (not perfectly vertical, maybe about 45 degrees), his eyes closed, and appeared to be in his on little world.

He wasn't: he was in a shared world, which included me, especially when I got whacked upside the head by the guy's arms/hands. OK, it's a crowded space, people are variously outspun, people bump into each other...once...but this guy hit me (and others, I think) at least five times over the course of the show. He'd mumble an apology, and re-en-trance himself. This guy was a sufi (or whirling dervish, but without the coordination) on steroids, and the most annoying guy I've ever seen at a show.

I don't remember exactly what he looked like, but the pictures in this topic could be him. Any guesses?

Aloha,

Brad

Actually that was me... Sorry Brad... I'm kidding, but I think everyone has a story about some asshole fan... Mine was at Hershey 2000, this dude decided he was going to sing Tube, but he was so incredibly loud (especially considering I was 2nd row, Trey side). I mean, drown out Trey loud. I said something along the lines of "Dude, no one paid $30 to hear YOU sing...", to which he turned his back to me and decided to seranade the other side of the audience... I saw him get a couple good elbows before he eventually got the hint, and decided to shut the hell up...

Maybe I should teach him my psychedelic karate chops. I thought this was a good rumour:

i heard through the grape vine that during that europe tour, greg carried the band's drugs from city to city and in return they promised him a spot front row center for the whole tour.