Jambands.ca

so i have my grade 12 prom on friday.

mikey d

You need luck 'cuz it just might be one of those few days you never forget - you want it to go good.

I had a blast at mine - rented a limo and everything. Parked in front of the doors to the prom blasting Guns & Roses and getting loaded. Ahh...to be 22 again.

You need luck 'cuz it just might be one of those few days you never forget - you want it to go good.

I had a blast at mine - rented a limo and everything. Parked in front of the doors to the prom blasting Guns & Roses and getting loaded. Ahh...to be 22 again.

I almost had the same experience, except:

- I was 18

- I had a blast only during the pre-party

My advice --- avoid drama at all costs. And DEFINITELY play GNR whenever possible!

And my post-prom advice ---- remember only the good times.

Ahh...to be 22 again.

haha, gold.

yeah, mine was a blast... drove down in my old '83 buick skylark... it was 1998.. had a lady up front, couple more in the back... it was big enough... did it up real swank at Liuna Gardens, and then hit the fuckin road out to Dunnville for a monster after party at Byng Island. craziness ensued, and we were all told we were never allowed back. oh well.

what, exactly, do i need luck for?

hahaha...that's the funniest thing i've heard all day!!! :)

my prom involved parking our 77 westfalia in the lot a couple hours before the prom and tailgating....our prinicipal came out to the van during the prom and threatened to tow it...we had about 15 people smokin doobs and drinking outta the cooler...ahhh, memories ::

I hate thinking back to anything highschool and the prom is no exception.

I left my highschool in the final year and moved to another one (for musical theatre). I sure wasn't going to go to the one at the new school since I hated every drama-snob there. So I went to the one at my old school as the date of one of my friends. But the night of the prom, I was about an hour away, working at a horse ranch. It was pouring rain and my old shitty car wouldn't start, so my mom drove all the way from Toronto to Beaverton to come get me and bring me back to the prom so I wouldn't stand my date up. Poor Jon was at my mom's house waiting for me for over an hour thinking I wouldn't make it. I finally arrived, but had no time to get ready. I pulled the dress over my head and brushed my hair and flew out the door. Jon was so well prepared (flowers for me and looking mighty handsome), and I looked like shit and smelled like horse shit.

I made a dress for the prom the night before because I couldn't find anything in Beaverton except a fabric store. It turned out okay looking but it wasn't put together very well. When I was dancing I got swung around by my date and the strap broke. I needed a safety pin for the rest of the night.

Disaster from the get-go.

surprisingly, i had an awesome time. i didnt think i would, but i had a beautiful date and we had a 1/4 oz of mushies for the after party up on my buddy's hill on his 88 acre property . . .good times, indeed. i left the prom itself pretty early after a crappy meal and an hour of gettin my groove on to nelly & beyonce and the sort ( funny how much you can enjoy that type of music while dancing), but it wasn't too bad . . a good opportunity to ctach up with old friends and smoke doobs in the mens bathroom with guys i haven't liked my entire highschool career . .good vibes tho.

ill post a pic when i have one, give you all a good laugh.