Jambands.ca

Ottawa gets some cheese!

CyberHippie

So how long is the drive from Toronto to Ottawa?

Four to five hours, depending.

08.05.04 Capital Music Hall

Ottawa, ON ON SALE

THURS. MAY 20

@ 10 am MST

sciticketing.com

Nice! I'm not sure I'm that much of a cheesehead, and probably won't own any of their albums, but I've seen 'em a few times, and had fun every time (though Toronto in 2001 was a bit tense...).

All we need to do now is arrange an after-show, say, at Mavericks (which is right across the street)?

Aloha,

Brad

All we need to do now is arrange an after-show, say, at Mavericks (which is right across the street)?

Nero?

One could hope. In a pinch, we'll get some of the East Coasters to kidnap dave-O, and see about a forced Blue Grassy High reunion...

Aloha,

Brad

CONFIRMED!!!!!!

This is a pretty good indicator that SCI will be annouced as the headliner for Evolve, when are they announcing the lineup?? Of course it appears they'll be way down in Texas right before Evolve, so who knows.

PS - Sorry for calling you a crackhead, but the first time I read it I thought it said SCI on May 20th, not tix on sale May 20 ::

I checked the Capital Music Hall, but their events listing doesn't show anything for August (yet).

I wonder how tense this event is going to be. The CMH has a pretty strict and imposing no-illegal-drugs policy (there's a sign on the door as you go outside into the smoking area), and considering that most of the Americans who come up will almost certainly assume they can smoke (anything) inside an SCI venue, it could get kinda nasty...

Aloha,

Brad

I don't know why the two go hand in hand. Evolve's August 24-5 that's a lot of down days for them. You all have your little moment I won't spoil it for you. Hell I'll probably go to that show or at least stick to see them at Lolla. I've always said they'd probably be a fun show and I'd enjoy it, I'd just feel really dirty and stupid afterwards like after a white out huffing binge.

Lollapalooza 2004

Coors Amphitheatre

Greenwood Village , CO ON SALE

THURS. MAY 20

@ 10 am MST

sciticketing.com

THE PERRY FARRELL INCIDENT: SCI with special guest Perry Farrell doing a full set of Jane's Addiction songs

WTF?!? ::

Guest Low Roller
I wonder how tense this event is going to be. The CMH has a pretty strict and imposing no-illegal-drugs policy (there's a sign on the door as you go outside into the smoking area), and considering that most of the Americans who come up will almost certainly assume they can smoke (anything) inside an SCI venue, it could get kinda tense...

It will be like watching some horrible car crash in slow motion. I can't wait!

Evolve is Aug. 27-29 this year, SCI has a show in Dalls TX on the 25th (last Lolla date i assume) I'm not the biggest SCI fan out there, only like seeing them live, never spin them at home, and in music-starved Ottawa we'll take any bone that is thrown.

::

What little shred of respect I had remaining for Perry Farrell is now gone, I only had any to begin with because Jerry said they were the best band to come along in a decade. I am cringing at the thought of a hootenanny stomp 'em up version of Been Caught Stealin'. Shudder.

What little shred of respect I had remaining for Perry Farrell is now gone, I only had any to begin with because Jerry said they were the best band to come along in a decade.

Funny, I remember him saying that - it was in a Rolling Stone interview, non?

I think I remember Jerry taking notice of JA when they covered a tune (was it Ripple?!? I don't remember) for the Dead tribute cd. Great version, too.

Anyway, I have no opinion as to the merit of the collaboration, other than SCI gets points from me for keeping things different, working constantly and maintaining cool associations. Good for them!

I'll never forget seeing sci at this fancy theatre in Vancouver, I think it was called the Queen Elizabeth Theatre. All the ushers were wearing tux's, probably the kinda place you'd go to see a symphony. They didn't know what to do with all these crazy hippies who were trying to dance in the ilses and smoke bowls. Finally this one usher who was an older lady just threw her arms up in the air and walked out, never to return. That was a classic moment! Maybe it'll be the same kinda thing at the Capitol...

I hope people aren't too rude and disrespectful of the venue / staff. 3 of my very close friends work at the Capitol and it'd be a shame to piss good people off who are just doing their job because you can't smoke drugs indoors...

Although I might need massive amounts of something to get through a SCI show without poking my eyes out ::

ad