Jambands.ca

Friday Night Porch Jam

Velvet

I'm having a backyard jungle jam! Woo-hoo.

Some fish grillin' on the barbie, the lilacs in bloom, wind blowin' through the trees, sun beating down on me. Bliss.

Unfortunately the reality of the situation is that I'm stuck in my office trying to resolve some god-aweful SQL server problem for a client. Any one a SQL server administrator?

Sorry \/\/illy. This is no place to talk about work, let alone SQL server. If I use SQL query analyser and Enterprise manager, does that make me an SQL wiz?

No, unfortunately not. I need someone with intimate knowledge of the server, it's performance constrints, optimization, and tracking processes.

Any takers?

Sorry \/\/illy. This is no place to talk about work, let alone SQL server. If I use SQL query analyser and Enterprise manager, does that make me an SQL wiz?

No, unfortunately not. I need someone with intimate knowledge of the server, it's performance constrints, optimization, and tracking processes.

Any takers?

What sources of info have you tried? I'm sure there's an SQL Server user's group out there somewhere, and it probably has a FAQ or set of white papers (and maybe even a place to ask questions). There's also the "comp.databases.ms-sqlserver" newsgroup.

Good luck.

Aloha,

Brad