Jambands.ca

Update: Martin promises ganja decrim

Hux

From a story in today's Toronto Star:

"The Prime Minister also said he will stick to plans to push through a tough "whistle-blower" law to encourage people to report corruption. He also promised to decriminalize the use of small amounts of marijuana, so young people don't have criminal records for using the drug."

Fuck Decrim! If he makes the laws easier on the user and harder on the grower, he's just lost my vote. Where the fuck does he think people will have to go to get there newly decrimed pot fix....Thank you Paul Martin for giving organized crime even more power, you short sighted putz!

Hux, tell me I'm wrong, and your boy has actually thought this through. Decrim will never work, unless the grower has freedom too.

I'm guessing the government doesn't really want anyone growing but them. That way they can control the THC level and tax levy. It would seem to me that that's why they are making it easier on the user, harder on the grower. I doubt the government is trying to intentionally empower organized crime.

Although I also imagine that organized crime probabbly insn't too keen on pot becoming decriminalzed compleatly and no doubt have political clout sufficient to make whatever laws get tabled alot less heady.

Just my 0.02

At least they are trying.

baby steps boys, baby steps....any form of relaxing our ganja laws with the elephant to the south is a pretty big deal. We're a long long way from gov't taxing pot, or anything close to that, baby steps!

Couldn't agree more. U.S. Border patrols are now part of Homeland Security, so any changes we make that could be construed as threatening that security are going to sound off the alarms for our neighbours and make things awfully difficult. In our current system I as a user don't feel much legal threat excep if I'm in contact with my supplier. Would toughening things for him and his link make things any better for me, the user? Not particularly.