Jambands.ca

If you're bored, answer this!

Ms Zimmy

Very bizarre. I was just thinking about this while I ate my cheeseburgers.

With the upcoming long weekend coming, I was thinking how hard it is to actually get out there and do anything, even on a long weekend. So I thought if I became PM I would lobby for a holiday on the Friday before the August long weekend, thereby making it a four-day weekend. Seeing as the Monday is just an unnamed civic holiday, we could call the thing Explore Canada Weekend, hopefully inspiring people to get out there and see how cool the country is. I should definitely be PM.

Very weird to come down and open this thread right after thinking that.

seems as though a few of us are on the same wavelength... last week a friend was visiting from out of town and we got talking about this... the conversation ended up turning into brainstorming ideas for a book, or something, that i'd like to write one day... maybe i'll make it a summer project... i always seem to give myself a summer writing project, cuz its a really nice thing to do when your stoned by the river... anyways, this one was called "Flip Out Day", where the only rule was, there are no rules. without going into too much detail, basically because of the fear that gets struck into people when there are no rules (mass chaos and such), basically, nothing happens. no one leaves their homes for fear of being murdered, or whatever other bad things could happen when there are no rules.

it's too bad, cuz it really could be a lot of fun.

velvet, no jokes, you should totally be running this country! vevlet for PM indeed!!! oh how fun.

we should definitely have more holidays in this country. explore canada day/weekend is a great idea, as is a holiday between christmas & easter.

on a more ridiculous note however, fun and fancy days could include:

- get to tell all your asshole customers to fuck off day

- be nice and courteous to everybody day (now this would be a great day to go driving around!)

- i think there should be a nationally observed grandparents day. we have mothers' & fathers' day(s), and grandparents are very much deserving of love and attention too. even though grandparents are already mothers and fathers and get to bask in those holidays, they deserve an extra day. old people get lonely, and grandparents are only around for so long. :)