020870.jpg

020872.jpg

020869.jpg

My Review:

pro's:

close to home

lots of land

two stages

Fishing from shore within clear sound from the stage...heard the steel drum band, red shag carpet, and even parts of Tala, in the dark, i was casting a surface plug...and caught a fish!

Cavern. The band CAN play. Seriously.

New Shady Groove. Best performance i saw all weekend.

Caution Jam w/ Mike from BNB. Good playing. Best i've seen from Caution Jam.

Jomomma Friday Night.

Cons:

Two stages going on at the same time! and you can hear the main stage from the side stage! NOT GOOD

The area is a virtual swamp. its all low lands. not izzy's fault or mark's fault, just a bad area for low laying swamps.

the size of the concert area at the main stage....wouldn't hold 300 people....not sure what they'd do if 800 showed up like at past Frontier Towns.

My current headache!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ctmf29.JPG

It was great to be surrounded by such heroes as Lanny McDonald. Jo thinks so!

I had blast at CTMF, despite being bitten by the sleep bug.

Highlites: ThatOneGuy, DieselDog ripped it up, bocce with the St.Cath crew... fun!, and of course the sound of rain hitting a tarp... it never ended.

Hope everyone made it home safe, and paisley made it out of the ditch. :D hahaha, unconfirmed rumours are the best.

and paisley made it out of the ditch.

no ditches here punks... split back for Hamilton early (11 am) as thats when the ride was goin

had a really great time though only up for Sunday... park staff were really laid back and friendly... the lightening and rain were a bit of an adventure but didn't really get in my way

cheers to a super crowd

due to the late arrival only caught Caution Jam (with Burt Neilson Band Mike sitting in) which was really sweet, Diesel Dog kicked my ass into high gear then The Jimmy Swift Band pushed things over the edge for me

wicked! ::

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Caution Jam

Untitled-30.jpg

Untitled-30b.jpg

Untitled-31.jpg

Diesel Dog

dd03.jpg

dd05.jpg

dd06.jpg

dd07.jpg

schwa.jpg

Jimmy Swift Band

jsb01.jpg

jsb02.jpg

jsb03.jpg

jsb.jpg

lookmom.jpg

happiness is...... ::

What a weekend!! Only two sets of clothes though so I was wet as anything.

I thought that 'No Orchestra' was one of the best performances of Saturday. A sweet mix of Jazz and Indie rock made them pretty entertaining. Sucks that they were on the seond stage though, but keep and eye out

G

I'm still recovering.

Caution Jam were blazing.

That1Guy was 50% theatrical and 50% musical. It was entertaining but I only saw his last few songs.

I need more sleep and more rest. Perfect time to have had a power outage at work which left systems everywhere in a state of disarray. :S

Wow, I had a great weekend. Good times down at Izzy's even if was a little wet. Great pics guys, of note:

1 I don't think I saw Yo come down from that "levitation trip thingy" he was on, Keep it UP, Yo (I know I didn't win the door prize but thanks for the "Honourable Mention")

2 I told DD not to play the infamous "Convulsion Jam". Not only are the elderly affected, but I see NewRider succumbed to the forces. Hope he is doing better, the effects shouldn't last much longer than a week or so. Comin' down is a bitch, though

3 Mark Tonin IS a sly dancer

4 I thought the most underrated thing that went on was the steel drum band on Sun. afternoon. Kinda straight up, but nice sounds. Trinidad at Waterford Ponds.

5 When talking with MW and the owners of the place late Sun. night, they seemed very happy with the way things went and everyone's conduct. That is a great thing to hear from them. We need more places that are "tolerant" of the scene we are creating. Hope it goes as well at future CTMF's!

Great to see everyone I know and all of those I met.

Brian Fellows

2 I told DD not to play the infamous "Convulsion Jam". Not only are the elderly affected, but I see NewRider succumbed to the forces. Hope he is doing better, the effects shouldn't last much longer than a week or so. Comin' down is a bitch, though

It was Caution Jam playing shakedown street that knocked him down. And Jared's pipe that kept him down :).

HAHAHA...convulsion jam...Shakedown street...and just think...he didn't have that far to get up anyway!!!

but seriously now...

I had a good time and was happy to have gone even though things have been a big stress for me lately.

I loved having got to see a couple of bands that were poised to play Elements...Guerilla Funk Monster and Red Shag Carpet. I saw some familiar faces, some really familiar faces, and loads of people that i didn't recognize.

I'm thinking that Izzy's wouldn't be able to hold an 800 person crowd for one stage but it'd sure be a nice environment for a rammed party.

i was sleepy the entire time, especially after my tasty jager/cran-raspberry/red bull drink. shoulda been awake but i think i drank about half a big bottle of jager in about an hour so i was very drunk.

wierd how women drive me to drinking.

I didnt end up heading up to the cabin...

I ened up chilling in and around town... Did lots of fishing at the grand and haggers... Hit up a deadly BBQ on Sunday (best eats on a BBQ ive ever had in my life). Then on monday went to a bar and had may with some suprisingly cute cougars... (its true what they say... "you can teach an old dog new tricks")...

Hey Scuzzller, wanna do some fishing at the grand sometime this week. I got a pair of chest waders if ya dont wanna get wet...? Your call bros...