Jambands.ca

From Phish.com --- THEY ARE DONE

secondtube

Last Friday night, I got together with Mike, Page and Fish to talk openly about the strong feelings I've been having that Phish has run its course and that we should end it now while it's still on a high note. Once we started talking, it quickly became apparent that the other guys' feelings, while not all the same as mine, were similar in many ways -- most importantly, that we all love and respect Phish and the Phish audience far too much to stand by and allow it to drag on beyond the point of vibrancy and health. We don't want to become caricatures of ourselves, or worse yet, a nostalgia act. By the end of the meeting, we realized that after almost twenty-one years together we were faced with the opportunity to graciously step away in unison, as a group, united in our friendship and our feelings of gratitude.

So Coventry will be the final Phish show. We are proud and thrilled that it will be in our home state of Vermont. We're also excited for the June and August shows, our last tour together. For the sake of clarity, I should say that this is not like the hiatus, which was our last attempt to revitalize ourselves. We're done. It's been an amazing and incredible journey. We thank you all for the love and support that you've shown us.

-- Trey Anastasio

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

lets hope so...

well, actually, after listening to TAB and recent Phish, lets hope ITS NOT!

added:

not a good day in phishy land...

as i just said to Theresa, i'm glad i caught as many 99-2000 shows as i did, and i'm sorta glad my view of the band wasn't jaded with 2003 shows....

from what i remember from phish, they rawked my socks off harder than any band i've ever witnessed.

Thank You For Big Cypress!

Steve

If this is legit I can't believe I may have missed my last chance to see the band. Would like to believe the site was hacked but wouldn't be surprised if it's the truth. There's gonna be a lot of sad wookies not to mention a major shake up in the touring climate.

Well this licks balls. I was just saying in the other thread that I didn't think they would break up. What do I know?

I hope it was hacked. It seems that an announcement like this would be coming from Phish as a group, or the Phish organization, not from Trey! Here's hoping it was hacked. if not I am going ot have to find something else to listen to!

Colin

trey is phish.

notice the "Once we started talking, it quickly became apparent that the other guys' feelings, while not all the same as mine, were similar in many ways..."

Trey is / was Phish

oh, and i guess Trey is / was Wilson. (how ironic 15 years after writing the song!)

It doesn't really seem like the band would go out like this, they've always seemed to do what they do for their fans. I would think they would do a more extensive tour for their fans, but hey, maybe they just don't like the northwest. I still think its mouth poo regardless.

I think its all just a ploy to sell more concert tickets

Think about how many people just jumped online and bought coventry tickets, and every summer show will be capacity now. I wouldn't doubt if we see a reunion within a few years. Even worse, I wouldn't doubt if an announcement came 3 days from now saying the "site was hacked" after all these people bought tickets.

Interesting view. Ticket sales were ultra low this summer...

so many possibilities...i know conventry tix are going off the hook...it would be funny if it was true.

They wouldn't have their final tour go only as far west as wisconsin, come on, like they wouldn't at least play somewhere in California.

Also, I just recieved the Phish update about the simulcast in movie theaters, why wouldn't they have attached this minor announcement?

Mouth Poo.

I made an impulse buy on Saturday morning. After deciding that Phish didn't fit into my summer plans (starting a new job, buying a house), I did an about-face and bought Great Woods tickets. A premonition? I doubt it. Good luck? Thank gawd. Now I'm going to get as drunk as fuck. Nice start to the week.

just had a heart attack!

Man am I a sucker; I just bought my Coventry ticket; now how the phuck am I going to get there from Alaska?!?

Damn it; the first time they called it quits, I understood and respected the decision; but now it's lame! Why call it quits; just take a break and jam it out once in a while.

What a great way to seel tickets though!