Top Posters In This Topic

now the real fun begins:

Author Comment

neumanntaper

It's all just a rumor at

this point

(5/25/04 17:34)

Reply Here's what I know...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I caught wind of this this morning just before the rumors started to float.

My source is none other than Chris Kuroda and he says this is very, very serious. Trey has a heroin problem.

This isn't something where they'll just get back together again in 3 years for a reunion. It's over....

WeSeePhishesWeGoPhishin

BB Elder

(5/25/04 17:36)

ezSupporter

Re: Here's what I know...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Great! That's what we need another hero with a heroin problem. That does help explain it a little more though.

mellimel19

BB Newbie

(5/25/04 17:36)

Reply Re: Here's what I know...

Quote:

This isn't something where they'll just get back together again in 3 years for a reunion. It's over....

really? that serious that there wouldn't be any reunions? I find that a bit hard to believe, however, I've seen that you've been a credible source for information on this board. I still don't want to believe that though...

MrFantasy36

I just want mine

to go back to normal

(5/25/04 17:43)

Re: Here's what I know...

LJG

BB Regular

(5/25/04 17:44)

Quote:

Trey has a heroin problem.

This makes me so mad. Not because its not true... but because it is. Why can't he have learned? I know... I can't possibly relate... but the writing has been on the wall for so many?

neumanntaper

It's all just a rumor at

this point

(5/25/04 17:46)

I want to cry and at the same time I am so unbelievably angry....

paddles1

BB Veteran

(5/25/04 17:47)

We finally get the taper to reveal his source?

unbeliveable...

this is serious

weak

SecondTube... thats the best news (from a purely personal standpoint) I've heard! Heroin is expensive... Phish makes lots more money the TAB... the writing is on the wall for a comeback... why do you think so many rock stars do comeback tours???

Come on you internet detectives there must be a lot more of this dirt going around. I mean we already obviously knew about the big glass table but not the needle necessarily. It's not like all of us can't think of a handful of smacky shows. Heck really early on for me (Sugarbush '94) we were too young to know what smack was and when they came out for the second we looked to one another and went 'smack?'.

maybe this was planned longer ago than we think. check this out. kung, i figured you would have pointed this out by now!

1 entry found for coventry.

Entry: exclusion

Function: noun

Definition: expulsion

Synonyms: ban, bar, blackball, blockade, boycott, Coventry, cut, debarment, debarring, ding, discharge, dismissal, ejection, elimination, embargo, eviction, exception, excommunication, forbiddance, interdict, interdicting, interdiction, keeping out, lockout, nonadmission, occlusion, omission, ostracism, ousting, preclusion, prevention, prohibition, proscription, refusal, rejection, relegation, removal, repudiation, segregation, separation, suspension, veto

Antonyms: inclusion

Concept: exclusion

Source: Roget's New Millennium™ Thesaurus, First Edition (v 1.0.5)

Copyright © 2004 by Lexico Publishing Group, LLC. All rights reserved.

Well,I have heard it all now,I HAD a friend here and he's upset about Phish (understandable to a degree I guess) so he was telling another friend here about how he & a bunch of folks are thinking of starting a support group for those "phans" having a difficult time accepting the break up,then he started crying,literally,not sobbing but full out blubbering and gasping for air almost.

Last thing he said to me (it took abit through the sobbing) before I'd had enough and kicked his sorry ass out of here was:

"this is as hard to deal with as Jerry man,how come you don't care?"

My reply:

"Jerry passed away leaving family and friends/fans he loved and who loved him,Phish just called it quits as a band.Now, I know its going be hard for some to accept it that the touring and craziness of things like Lemonwheel/IT etc are done,but fuck,no one died I still think the guys will continue to provide us folks with quality music,only not as Phish.Now get your crying ass outta here..this is disgusting."

Man....

So who needs to join his support group.... ::

Hey I'm not saying that folks shouldnt be upset about it,but shit,hes upset because them as a band are done,they will all still be around playing music and probally throw some kick ass show together one day.

Yeah,I know the guy,he'll never live this one down let me tell ya,especially since he was a sketchy GD tour rat long ago...

I just don't see where the great feeling of loss should be here,sure as a band it ceases to exsist I guess,but they don't....

This has got to be the strangest fucking thing I have ever expirenced,my other friend here is still laughing at how uncomfortable I looked when it occured,she's crying tears of laughter...what was I suppose to say or do.

I choose drugs,not fuckin hugs.

well, this is pretty sad, just read it now and it surprised me . . i've been out of the loop for a while.

and i never even got to see them live, probably wont be able to afford a ticket this summer . . .shitty buzz

on a lighter note only in phish fans would you find all these hacking theories and hopeful speculations and symbolism drawn out of treys goodbye etc. funny shit.

Back to the heroin thing for a sec. Early Skanks will remember myself and Treytor's running banter about Trey's coke habit (for me, Rochester 99 was the clicher on that)but I've also sort of kept an eye on the sleaves for track marks. I KNOW this isn't the only way to ingest but it just doesn't seem consistant with what I've always believed Trey's problem to be which is a massive chemical addiction to the chach.

Lately I know he hadn't been traveling with the band on tour (see some interview he did for more on that) Was it because he was trying to kick or trying to hide? Was touring with "reformed" Dave Matthews a good idea?

And for that matter, has anyone else suspected that Page may be a wicked alcholic? I dunno, just a sense I get from the way he looks, acts and based on the lower calibre of his playing lately, his music.

In the end, I've just got an obsession with tragic rock stories (the last good one I read was The Dirt: The Motley Crue Story)I think Kung said it, Brad Sand's book "The Not So Friendly Helping Book" will be on shelves in 5 years, tops.

Coventry......Damn! So Terribly Phishy you almost HAVE to believe it.... Nice job Tube on the (definition)....And dude, about that post......I had just came on and read all about Phish. I was devastated. I juss saw my first show last summer after loving them for a couple years. Now done. I dont have enough mony right now for there last shows..I felt terrible and angry. And then, I go to the CTMF thred all pissed off and skimed the first sentence or so. Im Sorry. Forgive me? I read the rest of your "shit" and What i sead was Uncool and Untrue (about what you sead, and my opinion of it) ..Damn! :( I got out o the shower and had to re-post.