Jambands.ca

TRUST ME - Kyle Riabko June 1st Rivoli

kung

Just got an email from Kyle Riabko- 16 yr. old guitar prodigy just signed to Columbia Aware- and he's playing the Rivoli on June 1st. This is likely the last chance you'll have to see him in a super small setting like this. He's already opened for John Mayer, Keb Mo, Robert Randolph, Edie Brickell and others. He really is The Kid. When I first saw him he was thirteen had never seen Phish and ripped out a spotless DWD and a Punch> Blue Bossa> Punch unfuckingbelievable. Seriously the kid is the great white hope. He mentioned this too:

And yes, Rob Randolph is a buddy now. We just spent a day in the

studio together and came up with some wicked stuff. He'll be a very

special guest on my album.

I think you will be pleasantly pleasantly surprised. I was sort of wondering what would happen when his voice broke but apparently, and the signing would confirm this, it's even better. He's a great songwriter and his tone and touch rivals even Lauzon's pedals.

Some more news:

May 25 KR in California...

Kyle's spent the last 2 weeks in California and is in the process of recording his funkified debut record.

Guests so far have included session drummer extraordinaire, Gregg Bissonette, former Prince drummer, Michael Bland, Brazilian drummer Jean from "Udora" and the remarkable pedal steel guitarist, Robert Randolph. Robert and KR became fast friends after they shared the stage earlier this year in Detroit.

While in California, KR also performed at the Doheney Heritage Festival May 22 and 23. The crowd was dazzled by the unknown kid from Canada performing along side legends like Etta James, James Brown and Lucinda Williams.

Kyle will take a 2 week break from recording to promote his Canadian release. Don't forget to visit KR's Canadian site at www.kyleriabko.ca

I don't know. How'd you here about him? If he takes a request push for Down With Disease or Punch In The Eye, when he was 13 he could do this shit note for fucking note. He gets right in the Treyesque groove it's classic.

Okay, I just called again and actually spoke with someone. They told me that there's a cd release going on right now, but it's private and I'd need to be on the guest list. They wouldn't tell me who it was for...sorta weak. Anyhow, when it's done, it's improv comedy for the rest of the night...so it might not be a good idea to go down there. Sucks, cause I was looking forward to it for sure.

I should have suspected as much. FUCK. I really wanted to know how it would go. I kind of thought the Rivoli was too small for him, it's just a show for suits obviously which explains why it wasn't announced. Anyways how did you hear about him cauldron?