Jambands.ca

Come on all of you big strong men...

CyberHippie

i don't think its ever going to happen, there arn't enought people in the us that agreee witht he wars tht are going on now, and not enought people have faith that there president won't send them into another pointless and illegal war. if i were an american i'd really be thinking of moving away from that place, before everyone starts going after them

i don't think its ever going to happen, there arn't enought people in the us that agreee witht he wars tht are going on now

True, but unfortunatley it doesn't matter. Bush Jr. is a clear example of how democracy no longer works in the USA.

There is no doubt in my mind that the USA will reinstate the draft. I'm surprised it's taken this long actually.

The situation is this: As has been widely reported, we don't have enough troops to sustain the present level of involvement in Iraq for more than another year or so – not while also sustaining troop levels at the thousands of U.S. military bases around the world. We certainly don't have the personnel or materiel to handle another full-scale flare-up (much less more than one) in North Korea, Taiwan, Pakistan, Latin America, or some unexpected place. Los Angeles Times, May 6: North Korea is installing missiles that can hit our bases on Guam, Okinawa, and maybe Hawaii – a true crisis that Bush didn't want revealed until after election day (Korea already has nukes). There's every likelihood that our troops may be needed elsewhere, really needed, and needed fast.

Check out the rest of the that article: http://www.austinchronicle.com/issues/dispatch/2004-05-14/cols_ventura.html