Jambands.ca

Esau13-->>>>

shainhouse

Hey man. Here is the best I can do w/Fat Cats 8.1.93 3 disc setlist. lemme know how I did.

Fat Cats

The High Five Ranch

Ellicottville, NY

Source: DSBD Master (Analog)-> Soundforge 4.5 -> Cd Wave-> CDR (just assuming)

Tranfer: Unknown

Lineage: Unknown

Disc 1: (62:28)

1. Hide Your Love

2. Dry As A Drunk

3. Tuning/Noise

4. Number Two

5. Blue Sky (Allman Brothers)

6. Feelin' Alright (Stevie Wonder)

7. Memory Lane^

8. Maggie's Farm (Bob Dylan)

9. Bird In A Net^

10. Send Me A King

11. ??? ^^

Disc 2: (75:06)

(Set 2)

1. More Then A Dream

2. Loopholes^

3. Send Me A King (placed twice on the tape for some reason)

4. I'll Take A Melody (Jerry Garcia)

5. Shakedown Street (Grateful Dead)

6. Iko Iko (Grateful Dead) ->

Man Smart/Woman Smarter (Grateful Dead) ->

Breadbox

7. Dig Down Deep^

8. Soldiers Home

9. Fast to Slow^

Disc 3:

1. Angel From Montgomery (Daniel Lanois)

(Set 3)

2. Blackbird ^^^ (Beatles) (acoustic),

Got My Soul^

3. Weary

(All tracks now w/Doug Feaver)

4. Not Fade Away (Buddy Holly)

5. And I Bid You Goodnight*

Filler: 'From Fat Cats album 'Cruelty's Cure'

6. Comes Around

7. Burden & Misfortune

8. Climb

9. When You Came In^

^ unsure of the song titles

^^ 3/4 of the song is cut.

^^^ First 30 seconds cut

* w/Eric on vocals

Notes:

There is some hiss present between the tunes.

Minor cuts and skips present at some points throughout the recording. These include level changes, minor pops and jumps. Although they affect the sound quality slightly, they were present on the old analog master and the rarity of this show makes up for the minor sound flaws.

2. This show features the old Fat Cats line-up, which features a female vocalist and a keyboardist along with two guitarists, bass and drums.

3. This show was a co-bill with Doug Feaver.

This show is SUPER RARE! Enjoy it!

(4/9/02 by Shain Shapiro shainshapiro@email.com)

SUPPORT CANADIAN MUSIC! VISIT www.jamhub.ca or www.jambands.ca for more info!

~Shain~

Some of the tunes you have there aren't called that, but I cant find the setlist anywhere, all I have is the Doug set list.

I know that the Send me a king is repeated, I was told that one was a sound check.

But I am not sure.

I'd have to give it a listen again.

Anyway I hope you enjoyed those ones.

Your right though this is a really rare show and I have been hoarding it for awhile(not really)but I have had it for a couple years, I tried a B&P offer here way back and I had no takers....imagine that.Maybe you'll have some luck....

Anyway~ I hope all those Cats shows have worked out for ya, I know the one acoustic show is really rough, but hey it was my birthday party.Only sad thing is the guy who recorded the show used some real raw equip and had to pasue the tape(yep cassette) between each song for some reason.Oh well I lent ya some really rare Cats there buddy. again enjoy!!

Give'r [big Grin]

Fat Cats and Doug Feaver played in Ellicottville!?!? Weird! I wonder how that came about.

I used to go down to E-Ville every weekend in the Winter all throughout high school pretty much. Skiing and then snowboarding. My parents have a trailer down there! Nice town indeed, with some quality bars.

I've never heard of that venue though. I wonder where it is in town, or what its called nowadays.

I'm wondering where I get my hands on some of this old Fatties, and old Doug Fever? And while I'm at it, just in case, some old Jacob's Ladder?

I've been groveling a lot lately, my apologies, I'll make it up to you all with B&Ps eventually, but to even offer during exams would be a lie...

Well I know the venue of that show is right, and it was also with Roadside attraction(Les Cooper's band),but I only have 5 discs of it, 3 Fatties and 2 Doug Feaver, although Les does get up and play on some of the tracks also,mandolin actually.I think the venue was private property.

I have a lot of old Cats, been goin to see em since the begining, even when there was High Times, before the Cats were a band.

Some of the old shit I have is Chicopee ski lodge,The Volcano, and the Ellicotville show.I have access to hundreds of old school shows, but they are on cassette and need to be transfered to disc.I can get my hands on some great stuff, studio outtakes,lots of stuff with Briscoe singing with em(studio Briscoe w/ Cats etc).I was actually looking at 100 cassettes just from 1997 the other week,trying to decide what shows to get out there on disc.

I offered all these shows awhile back for B&P and a few just for the hell of it to give away(a couple which I am still to send out~dam CD burner broke)and not one soul wanted any....go figure.

When I get my discs back from Shainhouse, I will be up for show trades, since I dont have a burner anymore or access to one it will have to be trades.

Unless Shainhouse wants to take on that responsibility???

Give'r [big Grin]

I definately missed that earlier post...

but my curiousity is forcing me to ask... these 'hundreds' of tapes of old fatties etc., does Johnny Larue have anything to do with them? If he does then I'm thinking that I remember seeing him set up the rig for Jacob's Ladder too... if you run across any of that PLEASE PLEASE hook it up. And while you're at it, give it a listen. Some of it might sound familiar [Wink]

quote:

Originally posted by MoMack:

I definately missed that earlier post...

but my curiousity is forcing me to ask... these 'hundreds' of tapes of old fatties etc., does Johnny Larue have anything to do with them?

Johnny Larue used to set up his rig at *every* Fatties gig (back when they did Tuesdays at the old La Luna, and Sundays before that - I think for a while it was every Wednesday). The band used to offer copies to anyone who wanted them for not much more than the price of the blanks, from what I recall.

Plus, he used to tape a lot of the other bands that came through La Luna, too (goddamn, I miss that place...), so he could have just about anything.

Here is a list of Fat Cats shows I now have thanks to my good buddy Greg 'the man' Risko.

Fat Cats

Date Venue Sets Media # Quality

Source

[View] 1993-05-08 Chicpoee Ski Club, Kitchener, ON ALL CDR 1 A

DSBD

[View] 1993-08-01 High Five Ranch, Ellicottville, NY I,II CDR 3 A

DSBD

[View] 1997-04-12 The Old La Luna, Hamilton, ON I,II CDR 2 A

DSBD

[View] 1997-06-03 The Old La Luna, Hamilton, ON ALL CDR 2 B

DAUD

[View] 1997-09-16 The Old La Luna, Hamilton, ON I,II CDR 2 A

DSBD->DAT->CDR

[View] 1997-09-26 The Opera House, Toronto, ON ALL CDR 1 A

DSBD

[View] 1998-02-14 The Old La Luna, Hamilton, ON I,II CDR 2 A

DSBD

[View] 1998-03-12 The Vault, St. Catherines, ON I,II CDR 2 A-

DSBD

[View] 2001-06-19 The Casbah @ La Luna, Hamilton, ON ALL CDR 2 A

DSBD

[View] 2001-07-11 The Casbah @ La Luna, Hamilton, ON ALL CDR 1 A

DSBD

[View] 2001-09-21 Jambands.ca Festival, Lancaster Tavern, Kitchener, ON ALL SHN 1 A

Aud>?>CDR>EAC>SHN

[View] 2001-12-28 The Casbah @ La Luna, Hamilton, ON I,II CDR 2 A

DSBD

[View] 2002-07-06 The Casbah @ La Luna, Hamilton, ON I,II CDR 2 A

DSBD

[View] 2003-03-16 The Pepper Jack Cafe, Hamilton, ON I,II CDR 2 A

~MoMack~

Cheers buddy, you got it. And if you come across any ladder shows please let me know.I was looking for some myself.

~Peace

~Shain~

No problem my friend.

~Hamilton~

We must have met there then, I was a fixture at La Luna's on the sunday open jams that the Cats did and the tuesday shows, thursday Doug.Remember before they expanded it.?

Also, this may sound wierd to anyone who wasn't ever there but the bathrooms at La Luna's were the funniest place ever, and you never got out of em without having really red eyes!! [Eek!][Wink]

I miss that place myself, where the Jam scene took off in Hamilton.

good ole La Luna's.

I loved it....from what i remember of it...

I saw my first fatties show in the old, old la luna's, before the wall was taken down, everyone was sitting/dancin on the carpet....

it was interesting...i was hooked...

lemme get those cd's off ya greg, when you get them back, and i'll shn them all, and share them...

also, shainhouse, does the 97 show, Joels first show, have tons, and i mean tons, of clipping on the first tracks on each disk (definately due to the burning, not the transferring).

Lemme know.

also, I NEED A REVOLVING DOOR COPY OFF YOU TO GET SIGNED!!!!!!

Pleez, call me.

Secontube~

Grab em from Shain(my discs), and if ya need a revolving door I got a bunch here and will have em at the show tonight.Although the Fatties 09.16.97 show he has isnt my copy so I will need it as soon as possible so do that one first.

Peace

quote:

Originally posted by Esau13:

~Hamilton~

We must have met there then, I was a fixture at La Luna's on the sunday open jams that the Cats did and the tuesday shows, thursday Doug.Remember before they expanded it.?

Also, this may sound wierd to anyone who wasn't ever there but the bathrooms at La Luna's were the funniest place ever, and you never got out of em without having really red eyes!!
[Eek!][Wink]

I miss that place myself, where the Jam scene took off in Hamilton.

1. I do remember before they expanded La Luna! The band used to play in the front corner by the window, right against King Street. Boy, was it cramped back then!

2. The bathroom was the best part of La Luna. It was kind of funny when someone came in and actually wanted to use the facilities, which was rare - during sert breaks, anyway. Almost as fun was the basement, where Briscoe used to have his office and the bands would chill before and after their performances. I remember being down their several times. [big Grin]

3. Greg - I'm pretty sure that I *do* know you - if you're the same guy I'm thinking of, anyway. About average height, tatoos on your forearms, you were friends with a guy named... Tim, I think (???) - the tall clean-shaven guy with the long hair who looked vaguely like 1968 Weir. I've known MarcO for about ten years, and was friends with Matt Pitt, who I'm sure you remember. Plus, I knew the Dundas guys too - Chris Shatford, Craig Rushton, Justin, Dwayne Juniper, Dave Gilmour - they all hung out there for years, too. I didn't do the Doug nights that often, but I was a regular at the Fatties...

I guess I'm a newbie compared to all of you. My first show was at the old La Luna but I only saw them there a few times. I became a regular fixture moreso at the Casbah and at their Toronto shows every other wednesday at the Comfort Zone. Probably 1997-1998 time.

good times!

~Hamilton

Yep that is me, tattoos and all.And yea I hung out with Tim.

Ahhh, the good old La luna days,that basement was a fun place for set breaks thats fer sure.

~The Box(I think it was called)

~The Veranda

~Rockton fairgrounds

~Beverly community cente

~Merrit Hall(Ancaster)

Just a few other places the Cats used to frequent also.

Good times they were.

Cheers. [big Grin]

quote:

Originally posted by Esau13:

~The Box(I think it was called)

~The Veranda

~Rockton fairgrounds

~Beverly community cente

~Merrit Hall(Ancaster)

Just a few other places the Cats used to frequent also.

Good times they were.

Cheers.
[big Grin]

Let's not forget The Corktown, either! I think that may have been the very first place I saw the Fat Cats.

The CD release party for "Cruelty's Cure" at Merrit Hall is a favourite (although fuzzy and sometimes indistinct) memory ... [big Grin]

Any of you old school Fatties come to Port Dover to see them play with Jacob's Ladder at the community centre in '92?

I definately remember beer bottle with a big crew of folks...

but I don't remember too many others, on account of the fact that it was my first time seeing Fat Cats and I was only 12!

Good times though!

Hmmmmmmm....

I do remember seeing The Fat Cats In Port Dover, but I can't remember Jacob's Ladder. I mean, I remember that there was a band by that name, but I don't know if I saw them. Either I went on a different night, or else I missed Jacob's Ladder that night (or, I was too drunk. Or, I was too stoned).

I can't even rememebr the name of the place that I went to go see them , actually.

I also used to go to Dover once in a while to see My Brother Tina, which was Doug Feaver with Tone Valcic, Les Cooper and Dino Verginella from Roadside Attraction. They had a regular night at La Luna for a long time, too. Anyone else remember this?

~Hamilton,

I can't believe I forgot to mention corktown...

My brother Tina!!! Dam thats bringing back the memories.I remember seein em a few times.

First time I met Les was at an open blues jam at Mr.Laffs, I was playing harmonica with him for a few bluesy GD tunes...Mr.Charlie was a standard for us.1991 I believe.

That CD release party.....shit I only remember that I was there...the rest escapes me...wow.

Oh ya I was at the community cnter show in Dover, didn't go with beer bottle, but jnew em then.

~Peace

Archived