Jambands.ca

Some important news concerning me (long)

scottieking

Hey Scottie,

You know I'm thinkin' about you, for sure. These battles are easily won by positive people like you.

I'll be in your neck of the woods for Easter if anything good is going on. You know where to find me.

AD

You know my feelings for you and your sitch since we already talked at length Scottie, and I'm glad you had the strength to share this with everyone. I am sure there are about 785 of us (plus the lurkers) who share these wonderful sentiments:

The road is long

With many a winding turn

That leads us to who knows where

Who knows when

But I'm strong

Strong enough to carry him

He ain't heavy, he's my brother

So on we go

His welfare is of my concern

No burden is he to bear

We'll get there

For I know

He would not encumber me

If I'm laden at all

I'm laden with sadness

That everyone's heart

Isn't filled with the gladness

Of love for one another

It's a long, long road

From which there is no return

While we're on the way to there

Why not share

And the load

Doesn't weigh me down at all

He's my brother

He ain't heavy, he's my brother...

You'll be in my thoughts.

Peace and Love

Sean

quote:

Originally posted by TeeSee:

thyroid, I know it's in the neck but I don't exactly know what they do.

The thyroid controls metabolism. Too little medication, and Scotty will be dragging his ass on the floor. Too much, and he'll be the poster boy for perkiness. Changes in medication can take up to a couple of weeks to make themselves apparent. At least, that's what I recall from the time my thyroid headed south for several months as the result of a flu.

My understanding is that radioactive iodine (I125?)lodges itself preferentially in the thyroid, or at least that's what I was told when I was handling mice pumped with the stuff. I didn't know it was used as a form of radiation treatment (radioactive iodine, not radioactive mice).

Best of luck, Scotty.

Scottie - we've never met face to face, but my thoughts are with you man. It's brave of you to post this and share it with so many folks you barely know. Obviously you are facing this thing from strength, keep it up and remember - each one of us can face everyday as one more day for us to live, or one more day before we die. Personally I prefer the former and I think you do too. Stay strong!

Peace & love,

Mr. M.

Scottie, I'm quite new to this site and we haven't met but let me wish you the best and tell you that my older sister had exactly the same thing, had to drink the atomic cocktail and all the rest. This was 10 year ago and she is fully recovered and living normally. No problems. I wish for you the same.

Steve

I first met Scottie on the first day of our B.Ed program at UWO back in... shit, it was 1999, wasn't it? Four years pass pretty quickly! Anyway, he was wearing a Phish t-shirt, and I said to myself, "Good! Someone who probably isn't an uptight dickwad! I'll have to get to know him." This statement, of course, turned out to be the understatement of the year...

Scottie, if anyone I know can pull through this with a smile on his face, it's you bro! I'm glad to hear that at least your illness is treatable. My dad had a thyroidectomy several years ago (not cancer-related), and he's been fine, and as someone above said, the scar is hardly visible. Soon, we will be seeing shows together again!

Peace, love and gimch'i from Korea,

Brian.

Tough as nails, Mr. King. A solid seething mountain of strength, going the distance with a smile firm on your soul.

Once again, you are to be admired.

Another test, to be passed with flying colours.

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

See you soon,

-Todd

Archived