Jambands.ca

Hide your tapes! Big Brother is out to get YOU!!

AD

"...Shania Twain, Nickelback and Avril Lavigne have been seized by RCMP. The musical works were allegedly recorded illegally during live performances. The stash of DVDs, CDs and audio cassettes found includes shows by Canadians' the Guess Who, Jann Arden, Rush, Bryan Adams, Neil Young, the Tragically Hip, the Barenaked Ladies, as well as international acts including the Rolling Stones, the Who, Guns 'N Roses and Bruce Springsteen..."

How many of these artists are taper friendly? Just out of curiosity... I know I have a few illegal artists in my collection, but I am MORE than confident I have enough permission to legally own 90-95% of my live stuff...

Just speculation here,but I won't be surprised to hear later today or this week that this person was also selling copies of these.I know a few "bootleggers" in Hamilton that own used record stores.I used to buy my vinyl bootlegs of them,I know one guy even has/had the recording equipment used to clear the vinyl and record somthing new on it.Thats somtimes the reason why some vinyl bootlegs were so flimsy.I have a Dylan show (1966) on vinyl that has the released Blizzard of Oz labels on it...

Looks like I hit it right on the head,it even was one of the guys I used to buy vinyl off of....

Victor Patrick Avalis, 43, of Hamilton was charged under the Copyright Act for allegedly producing and selling a product for which he doesn't hold the copyright.

Copyright infringement penalties can include fines of as much as $1 million or up to 25 years in jail.

Concert bootleg DVDs and CDs seized by RCMP; Hamilton man charged