Jambands.ca

HAIR STRAND TESTING...

NewRider

I know someone on here mentioned drug testing a week or two ago... I've got a job interview at a place that's gonna do a drug test on me using a strand of my hair. Normally I'd tell the employer to go fu©k themselves but this job pays quite a lot.

Does anyone know of a FOOL PROOF detox formula for hair strand testing? Also what drugs can they test for in my hair?!?!

uh-ohhhh...

I just found this on the net

Hair analysis not only detects if drugs of abuse have been used, it also provides information on the quantity and historic pattern of a person's drug use. This data is not available from any other drug testing procedure.

Trace amounts of drug metabolites become entrapped in the core of the hair as it grows out from the body at a rate of approximately one-half inch per month. A lab analysis of the hair strand from any person will produce an accurate drug history for that person. It takes about 5 days for drugs to begin to appear in an individual's hair and will continue to be detectable in new hair for about 90 days.

The Psychemedics kit for the five most abused illicit drugs and drug catagories:

Methamphetamines

Marijuana

Opiates

Cocaine

Phencyclidines (PCP).

A standard screen with GC/MS confirmation requires 40+milligrams of hair or approximately 50-70 strands.

I guess I'm fu©ked!!! I wonder if should show up anyways fofr the testing and waste their time and money??

Guest Low Roller

It looks like you only have two choices. Have a handful of someone else's hair in your pocket or shave your head. What's more important, your heady hair or your heady wallet?

D'oh! Your screwed dude...

My suggestion would be to just go for the test and see what happens. Maybe they don't care too much about the reefer...

Pretty surprised to see all the drug testing that seems to be going on up here these days. I thought it was just those crazy americans that did it.

yeaaaaahhh... uuuhhh... the refer is not soooo... much what i'm worried about!!!

I think I'm going to call Michael Moore and get him to come up to Milton here to help me out on this one. For fu©k sakes i'm lifting boxes of frozen food on a midnight shift and they NEED to drug test me?!?! He could make a movie out of it and call it "WOOKIE 4/20"

Does anyone have Michael Moore's phone number handy?

I'm gonna go for it! I heard that hair strand testing is really expensive and it seems unrealistic for the company to waste so much time and money on this. Perhaps it's just to scare off people like myself... fu©k 'em, they've got ME to deal with now!

Worse comes to worse I waste a whole lot of other peoples time and money and I'll get a cool comprehensive list of everything I've done in recent years :)

it's always worth it to go. you're not an addict. I think they'd be more concerned with heavy heroin/coke usage.

Sure you smoke weed but you're not a problem.

I'm sure that with a background check you'll be fine.

tell them to get a PI in on it if you dont' get the job at first.

don't crap out on this one NewRider. if you need it it's worth it. the worst thing is that you won't get the job right? it's not like they can submit the info anywhere.

that's also what I was wondering... what happens to this list afterwards??? I'm applying to this job through my temp agency so will the agency get a copy of this novel?!?!

again... weed isn't much of an issue here, no i'm not an addict but there's definitely a lot of different stuff floatin' around up there. I can tell ya'll one thing, I haven't washed these dreads since before CTMF and I'm NOT startin' today!!!

it really pisses me off we have this in canada now... i think it's a huge invasion of privacy. what you do outside work should not matter in the least, as long as it is not affecting your performance. maybe if you're i dunno, a pilot or something, i could sort of see this, but for everyday "normal" jobs? whatever. someone who is straight edge is not necessarily going to do a better job than someone who isn't, and it isn't fair good people may lose out on jobs because of this.

i say go for it anyway, newrider... if they choose not to hire you because of your extra curricular activities, then at least you can be smugly satisfied with wasting their time & money.

"...hair strand testing is really expensive and it seems unrealistic for the company to waste so much time and money on this. Perhaps it's just to scare off people like myself... "

Exactly what I thought as soon as it became clear that this wasn't a gov't or big business job.

If they do indeed analyze the hair and pass the results on to anybody, I can see you being on Fifth Estate (is that still on?) or some other CBC show someday discussing the court case you just went through regarding the flagrant lack of privacy shown to you as you applied for a non-professsional position.

But what do I know...