Jambands.ca

'Stephen Franke @ The DekCuf, Friday. Go See Them!

Jaimoe

Hey, I caught Stephen Franke & Noises from the Toolshed last night at the Scherzo in Kingston. I was quite impressed. Having never heard one note from this band, I was pleasantly surprised by this Victoria B.C.'s sound, songs and improvising ability. I'd say they are part hard bop jazz and New Orleans rock/funk with a dash of zydeco.

Anyway, I talked to all but the keyboardist last night and they certainly deserve a good turn-out Friday at the DekCuf. You will not be disappointed. A Jaimoe guarantee. I'd go out of my way to see this band play again.

Bouche, they gave me a new release CD and I said that I'd review it for our CD Reviews section. Is that cool? I haven't listened to it yet, but by judging by what I heard last night, I'm confident it will be a good disc.

i'll go out on a limb and say they are my favorite Canadian Band right now.

Wow, that's quite an endorsement... How many times have you seen them/heard them? I thought you would be a Fat Cats fan for life... I could understand more if you said favorite new Canadian band... Either way, I'm pissed I missed them, and I heard they do kick ass...