Jambands.ca

Why are American crowds better than Canadian?

TimmyB

I hate Genesis almost as much as I hate... Nickelback...

I think we should establish a "Jambands.ca Swear Jar". Every time someone says "Nickelback" in a post, they have to contribute $1. Admittedly, it won't generate much cash, but just seeing their name in print, even when being thoroughly dissed by Jaimoe, makes me feel nauseous. ::

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I change my original answer to...

because they're so inwardly angst-ridden against their government and their homeland's obvious lack of anything resembling sustainability they deeply need to escape their senses through any means possible... making for a wilder crowd

Why are European crowds better than American crowds then?

Seriously?

Its all about passion.................I would use the Nickleback example of them getting pelted by rocks from Portugal or Spain (cant remember where that was, or even if it is the right group, but I owe Hamilton a loonie), but I am sure you get my point.

Heck, we dont even play football in NA, we play soccer and Montreal is a passionate city.

Exactly Jaimoe. Just look at those Blue Jay fans.........

Idiots trying to catch a guaranteed triple, only to grab the ball, create a 'ground-rule' double and prevent the home team from scoring a run. There is NO WAY that would happen in Madrid (if they were passionate about baseball).

Heck, that wouldnt even happen in Boston.

Its all about passion. There is your answer, and a separate question.

sportos often don't give as much of a damn who their government is so long as the plant is open, there's gas for the sport utility vehicles and the price of beer doesn't get jacked too high

I'd argue that percentage-wise the music crowd is better informed on current issues, give a sh!t that their government isn't corrupt or flat out evil and are romantic enough to ponder the future more

size of sporting crowds plus cultural fueding in europe leads to 'crowd mentality' where generally average people get caught up and stomp to death people just from being caught up in the shear numbers of the crowds... bet any concert of the same numbers is wilder in the states but the sporting events get more carried away in europe

and if the balls comin for me I'm catchin it!

well probably not but was shooting for a rise... I don't have a sports home team outside whoever the underdog who's winning at golf is when I can't get off the couch after a party weekend or the russians (with their sambo) on the UFC... I like the loner sports (and the olympics or world cup anything)

The Who, 1979: Cincinnati.

The Rolling Stones at Altamont.

Even Vancouver rioted when the re-vamped Guns & Roses cancelled a few years back.

Crowds can all be corrupted by the event, the sheer size of the numbers at any given show and even the mood and vibe in and around any given city.