Jambands.ca

Phish Deercreek, Noblesville, IN 06/24/04

Groove Fetish

awesome work GF... thanks for sportin that camera around to chronical the events that some of us can't make it too (and the ones we do make it for as well!)

super shots as always (now I must apologize to my computer for swearing at it when I couldn't view the pics the first time ;))

hand held- in fact I once was convinced to try out some of the professional kaliedescope filters done by Cokin and the adapter and the piece were like $80- or so and honestly the hand held takes better pics- as long as you try for the steady hand. and it's frustrating cause often you try for a shot and just don't get it- other times there is something you haven't even seen but managed to catch (happens when you have a great light show behind that gives you somehting to work off of.) some of the movies I've taken of CK5's light shows are awesome!

Talk to melissa about the story at CTMF last year where we both started playing around with an idea that her and luke had come up with at an Evolve a few years back, but they had never used the piece outside the toy as I do and as a result thier shots were all down a tunnel and more even more abstract- still cool and you could see lots of potential. she had given me a kaliedscope on a lanyard and I asked her if she minded if I popped it out to see if you could use it out side the toy- well after about a year of refining how it works- they are coming out pretty cool. so I'd say it was discovered by us all if asked.

but I guess it is a pretty open source process. And professional filters do exist that attempt to capture similiar image splits. But I like to toy better.