Jay Funk Dawg

Toronto Pre-Evolve Festival

Date: Saturday, July 24th, 2004

THE EL MOCAMBO (upstairs)

www.elmocambo.ca

474 Spadina Ave.

Toronto . Ontario . Canada

PREVOLVE_email.jpg

Evolve is Canada's Leading Music and Social Awareness Festival. Leading up to the end of summer event, The Evolve Festival will host Pre-Festival events across Canada. Toronto's Pre-Evolve event date back to 2000 and have featured The Jimmy Swift Band, Grand Theft Bus, Aaron MacDonald Band, and Downtime (featuring Jeff Heisholt). This year's event will showcase artists who will be performing at this largest Music and Social Awareness Festival. Various environmental and interst groups will be represented in a unique atmosphere at one of Toronto's best know venues. For more information about Evolve visit: www.evolvefestival.com

Pre-EVOLVE Festival Acts:

Intergalactic Faerie Funk (San Diego, US) www.galacticfunk.net

The New Shady Groove (Brigton, ON) www.shadymusic.ca

Kaejma (Vancouver, BC) www.kaejma.com

High Plains Fiddler (Antigonish, NS) www.highplainsdrifter.ca

The Phat Conductor (Toronto, ON) www.thephatconductor.com

The Electrician (Toronto, ON)

Kristen S (Halifax, NS)

and more...

Date: Saturday, July 24th, 2004

THE EL MOCAMBO

www.elmocambo.ca

474 Spadina Ave.

Toronto . Ontario . Canada

9 PM - 5 AM

360 / EVOLVE P R E S E N T S ] PRE _E VOLVE | outdoor-smoking area | unique environment | interesting information areas | interactive installations | fun, freezies and fans | Tickets available @ Soundscapes, 2TheBeat, FlavourHall, Shanti Baba, and PlayDeRecord |

DOORS OPEN AT 9 PM (19+)

High Plains Fiddler is a side project of High Plains Drifter.

Since I moved to Toronto I've been playing music with my cousin Daniel Breault. He's a fiddle player from Calgary and has played on a pile of albums and on stage around the world. We're just doing a short 30 minute set of gypsy jazz, bluegrass, celtic and folk songs.

I get a real blast playing with him. He really doesn't fit the profile of most fiddler players, by that I mean, he's a big muscular guy with tatoos and piercing all over himself, he's usually wearing a biker jacket and has a shaved head. But this guy rips it up... he's played on stage with Natalie MacMaster, The Rankin Family, Ashley MacIssac, and Reciepie from another Planet, he's jammed with Paul Simon, Rockin' Ronny Hawkins and more... we're working on a larger project together mixing Celtic Fiddle with Breakbeats; Psychedelic Celtic I call it!

check us out, we're playing at 9:33 - 10:10 PM then it's Kaejema, New Shady Groove, Intergalactic Farie Funk then it's a funky energetic dancefloor set by the Electrician, Breaks by The Phat Conductor and hard breaks with Kristen S.

should be a blast... y'all.

Zero.. that comment is not called for, what's that all about? Please edit yourself or I'll get my punk-ass fiddle playing cousin after ya!

You definitely should.. The Electrician has become an A list breaks DJ in Toronto. He is also a mad concert promoter.. he put on Breaksfest/WOMP CD Release Party only a couple of weeks ago that was huge!

His style is very crowd orientated.. funky disco dance floor breaks.. (he also has a residency in the Annex on Wednesdays)