Jambands.ca

Good News: Better Pot!

\/\/illy

Latest medical pot purer, stronger: Health Canada

Last Updated Tue, 13 Jul 2004 8:31:10

OTTAWA - After receiving early bad reviews, Health Canada says its second batch of medical marijuana is more potent and a higher quality.

Prairie Plant Systems produces the crop on contract for the government. They shipped out a second batch of marijuana in late May after patients complained marijuana in the first shipment was powdery and not strong enough.

Packaging on the marijuana said the plant contained 10.2 per cent THC, the primary active ingredient in marijuana. But users said it seemed weaker.

Health Canada says the new crop is 12 per cent THC, plus or minus 1.5 per cent.

Officials also say they've removed more twigs and leaves from the plant, making it more pure.

In Canada, 70 people are licensed to receive medical marijuana. They pay $150, plus GST, for a 30-gram bag.

Prairie Plant Systems' contract with Health Canada, worth $5.75 million, ends in 2005. The company grows the marijuana in an abandoned mine shaft in Flin Flon, Man.

Written by CBC News Online staff

There's an article in today's Ottawa Sun that disputes that, though. According to one user

Some patients are spurning a new batch of government certified marijuana, dismissing Health Canada claims that it's a stronger, better quality smoke. "It's no good," Marco Renda, 45, said yesterday from his home in Dundalk. "I took two puffs and I put it out.

"It had a chemical taste to it. It didn't taste right to me and it didn't burn properly. It had no effect."

Aloha,

Brad

Health Canada says the new crop is 12 per cent THC, plus or minus 1.5 per cent.

So basically they are "almost" going to reach the average THC % now with the Gov't herb,since its well known (for years) that most herb we purchase off the street or from "friends" is on average 11-16% THC.I know from a close friend (member of this board) who gets her medicinal legally that hers is far past 12% +/-.

"I took two puffs and I put it out."

"It had a chemical taste to it. It didn't taste right to me and it didn't burn properly."

was gonna say as soon as I started reading, betcha they didn't leech it properly... its not all about the THC numbers

stupid... they should have some guy who's doin 5 years for growing, who's been growing for 30 years, mindin the herb

we used to get herb off this guy that always tasted like corn nuts and wouldn't burn... chemicals, have to let them out in good time before you harvest

not quite related but sorta:

had another friend who worked for Agriculture Canada for a year and swore she'd never eat fruit or vegtables from a supermarket again and said neither would anyone else who worked there... comforting... fortunately I already had found organic food tasted way better anyhow while I was out west