Jambands.ca

Another Sweet Phish Rumor (grain of salt mmmkay?)

Northern Wish

I just received this email from the same guy who tipped me off to the end of hiatus and tour dates before anyone out there had posted it.

"I've heard now in two separate places... 1) Walfredo.com and 2) my buddy Luke Smith (which I spoke to this past weekend...he's the drummer from the band Strangefolk...that Coventy is going to be turned into Gamehendge... They are hiring 100's of actors to be the characters from

the Gamehenge...to roam around at the site.

My friend...Damon Kinzie (yes...Adam...the guy that gave me the backstage pass for the NYE show in NYC...)...his sister and Trey are developing the entire theme for the weekend...he will hopefully meet us up there for some

partying after he's done...and he'll tell the scope. He was the one guy that asked me to join the NYE show (as a character) in MSG in NYC...and go backstage all night...

Also...Luke mentioned...that the Boys plan on playing every single song they ever did/know...in the 2 day weekend...playing all night, etc...

Oh boy...here we go!"

Even if this were a little true eh?

Sean

I think whats funny here is right after the break up announcement I started a similar rumor (posted as "The Phish Insider") on the GOTV messege board that members of StrangeFolk (I believe) and tons of their hardcore fans are all members of.

But here on jambands I simply asked So "Phans"

Funny eh? ::

The most appropriate approach for the band, imo, would be just to step out on stage and just jam to the best of their collective ability all weekend long.

No guests, no gamehendge, no "let's play every song we know" scenario, no theme. Music, just music.

For $165 US a ticket, I fully expect more than just music... Every festival has little "extras" added, which makes the festival itself more fun. Of the 3 festivals I've been to (Great Went, Big Cypress and It), none were "just about the music"... They were also cool environments filled with places to explore and check out. If Phish didn't have some sort of gimmick, I think more people would bitch than be happy. This, however, does not take away the fact that Phish should kick everyone's ass that weekend, as hard and as often as possible... I'm not sure I'd like to hear every song they have ever played, but they'd better play a bunch of them... and play them well, too.

I believe this and just had my first real twinge of sadness at not being able to go. Personally I would love for them to bust out all of the older stuff like Alumni Blues, Letter To Jimmy Page, Dog Log, Foam, Esther, Glide, It's Ice, some of the rarer Fish tunes like Bike (anyone heard a rumour of an all-fishman song set), some of the great acapella's like I Didn't Know and SHAGGY DOG!!! sh!t there are so many one off gems from over the years that would just slay like Time Loves A Hero or Amoreena in the way of covers. Okay now I am jealous.

I heard them do Bike in Mansfield, MA (09-12-00), I lost my sh!t for that! Nothing I really want to hear them play but Fee... It was the song that got me into them, 16 shows and I still haven't heard it live! Trey better bust out the megaphone for it too, or it'll be a glowstick to the head for him!

Gamehenge would be the bomb. that gamehenge from 88 is the best story/music combo i have ever heard. all those songs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!( finally a mockingbird would grace my ears and i could R.I.P. (P.P) rest in peace post phish.

heard my first fee in hershey park 96,...great show for those of you who dont have it, including a great reba,

1: Wilson-> Down With Disease, Fee-> Poor Heart, Reba, The Mango Song, Gumbo, Stash, Hello My Baby

2: Runaway Jim, You Enjoy Myself, The Horse-> Silent in the Morning, Cars Trucks Buses, Tweezer, Theme From the Bottom, HYHU-> Cracklin' Rosie > HYHU, Sample In a Jar-> Tweezer Reprise

E: Julius*

Also as for strangefolk....been listening to them a ton lately and was wondering is the original incarnation of the band together, or what happend (couple years ago now) with the guitarist/singer leaving ???

It's nice to have all the extras at the festivals, but in the end it's the music. the gamehenge characters running around would be sweet! Hey look it's tela....

cant wait!!!

p.s. did anybody get their tix yet?