Jambands.ca

Toronto BLuesfest cancelled

TimmyB

Granted, but nonoe of those music festivals you listed were to be held at Exhibition Place, undoubtedly an arm and a leg to rent for the length they were planning, especially given the union demands in place there. One driver I talked to said it took the union guys almost 7 hours to unload 11 pallets off a truck..with a forklift!

I'm referring more to the economic side and less the prevalence and quality.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

thanks man...I'm sure the ottawa deally was a cool/fun thing...we haven't got any calls from them that's for sure...no doubt we'd be total hyprocrites and cave in and do it...but I doubt that'll happen...we're not a name brand...we just gottta play and leave the bogus promo to the major Domos...as I said that Toronto blues festival seemed to be more about names/money...not like smaller festivals like Hillside, Blue Skies, Come Together, Evolve etc./what have you, where it seems to be more about the music ... it's just interesting to see... the ottawa thinghy's successful...so they go to Toronto and try to milk it and the cash cow is parched...I like to see it when they try to over-milk it and they get milked

I'm confident that the day will come when the bigger music festivals etc. will balance their booking of acts wrt art and commerce...not so heavily leaning toward commerce as they do today....people gotta make a living for sure...but how much does one really need ... people will say "I want my children to not have to worry about money"...but if you spend your life making/hording gobs of money and that whole deal pre-empts spending time with your children,your children will be lot worse off...I say, make love in all it's wondrous forms and enuff money will come...I look forward to the day...hope I'm alive to see it...