Jambands.ca

The tear or not to tear, a PJC question. ???

kc

A better view from upstairs would be great Kev-O. We aren't making enough money to be doing major reno's like that though.

We should get some speakers up there sometime, which I think would get people dancing with the better sound and all. There's a long list of things we need to better the place. Hell, we don't even have an ice machine.

For now I'm concentrating on the downstairs and making sure it sounds the best it can, as well as being the most comfortable it can be forpeople watching the bands.

A major factor in why we aren't balls out like you would think is that we are a restuarant by day and it's a whole different scene then.

For now, if you see the dance floor hopin', try droping some change. When you go to pick it up, sneak a peak. Don't get caught. ;)

keep it up!!!!!!!

- it's the perfect place to put your coat & still be able to keep an eye on it while you're on the dancefloor

- it's crammed enough trying to get in & out the door in the winter, if you take the wall down, that "walkway" becomes total dancefloor

- if you are too tired/drunk/high to dance, you can lean on it, enjoy the band, & not get knocked into so much by buck wild patrons

- it's much nicer to walk in the door & have even a slight bit of breathing space to survey the scene, as opposed to going straight into the mayhem

Precisely what she said. ::

I know this is probably completely structurally impossible, but if you're looking to get rid of something, that big brick column between the bar and the stage would be good. Despite my lack of architectural smarts, something tells me that thing is helping to hold up most of the building, though.

I agree with everything Palace Princess says, but at the same time, if you're moving the soundboard, you may want to talk to some sorta sound expert and find out whether the wall has a major impact on the sound in the room. Your house tech may have a grasp on the intricacies of the room, and how to make it sound good, but if a band brings their own tech and he/she won't listen to yours, the wall, or the pillar, or the fireplace, or the glass wall (or any number of unchangeable characteristics) may lead to unwanted distortion (of course you know these things). Catering musically to an audience of self-professed music-junkies, the level of criticism over a bad sounding room can get pretty annoying when you can't do anything about it, and will often lead to their enjoyment or hatred of a show. Therefore, if there's things you can do (and are contemplating doing) within your budget, please keep in mind the sound (although, if I do say so myself, PJC has always sounded great to me) :: (and I kinda like the wall)

tear the mother fu©ker down, candles.

that wall traps the bass in the corner and fucks the sound up on that side of the stage.

it really open up that side of the bar as well.

candles you sure also tear the brick off of that huge piler in the middle of the club that would make the improvment in pepper jack's. you'd gain atleast a foot on either side!!!!